Chapter 9

"Hi Andy!" bati ni Zairah sa kaibigan when they met at the cafeteria. "Hi Zai! What's up?" Andy asked and sits on the opppsing chair to Zairah.

"Uhm... I heard there will be a painting exhibit tonight, wanna come with me?" Zairah asked, grinning

"Kailan ka pa nagka-interes sa paintings?" taas-kilay na tanong ni Andy. "It doesn't matter anymore. Just go with me tonight, please" Zairah said and made a puppy face. Andy laughs. "Ok, you win. Wala din naman akong lakad mamaya. What time will it start?" sabi ni Andy. "Around 6 pm" Zairah replied. "Where's the venue?" Andy asked. "Sa Gatchallian Hotel. We'll just meet there" sabi ni Zairah. "Ok" sabi ni Andy. "I have to go now. May klase pa ako eh" paalam ni Zairah. "Sige. See you tonight sweety" sabi ni Andy at nagbeso sila. Tapos umalis na si Zairah at naglakad patungo sa classroom niya.

Habang naglalakad, tinawagan ni Zairah ang kapatid. "Kuya, I've done my part. Pupunta na si Andy mamaya" bungad niya nang sagutin ni Michelangelo ang tawag niya.

"Thank you so much pumpkin! I owe you one" sabi ni Michelangelo mula sa kabilang linya. "Yeah, you really owe me" Zairah said and showed a wicked smile. "Ok. What is it? Spill it now" he said, guessing that she'd probably asks something from him.

"Can I have your credit card for the weekend?" Zairah asked. "What? Heck no! You're a shoppaholic!" Michelangelo exclaimed.

"Oh! Brother dear, remember, I made a huge favor for you" Zairah's blackmailing him. "Ok, you win!" Michelangelo gave up.

"Yesss! Thank you kuya, you're the best!" sabi ni Zairah na bahagya pang napasigaw. Pano kasi, no limits kasi ang credit card ni Michelangelo. Unlike hers, na may limit ang credit card niya. "Ok, bye pumpkin!" paalam ni Michelangelo. "Bye" tugon ni Zairah at pinindot ang end icon.

******************************************

Naghalf day si Michelangelo. Nasa studio niya ngayon si Michelangelo at kasalukuyang nagpipinta. He's painting Andy's face. He's really inspired while painting. "Sana magustuhan niya ito" he thought as he paints.

He's doing a charcoal painting. He imagines Andy's face as he paints. He makes sure he gets every details in her face. Hours passed and he's done painting. He scans his work and a contented smile shows up on his face.

Then he had a shower to freshen up. After it, he dries off. Then wears his favorite blue and white checkered button down shirt and jeans.

Tapos pumunta na siya sa hotel kung saan isinet-up niya sa isang function room ang mga bagong paintings niya. Dala niya ang charcoal portrait na ginawa niya kanina. It was just 5 minutes before their meeting time.

Inayos niya ang portrait ni Andy at inilagay ito sa stand na nasa gitna ng function room. Then he covers it with white cloth. He checks the place and when he saw that everything's fine, he turns off the lights. He stands at the corner near the switches. He took a deep breath. He's having a mixed of emotions as he waits for her to arrive.

*****************************************

Exactly 6 pm nang makarating si Andy sa hotel.

"Asan na kaya si Zairah?" Andy asked to herself as she looks around. When she's sure that Zairah is not around yet, she pulls out her cellphone from her purse. Then, dials Zairah's number.

"Hello Andy!" bati ni Zairah mula sa kabilang linya nang sagutin nito ang tawag niya. "Hello Zai! Where are you? Are you on your way here?" she asked. "Yes, I'm on my way. Mauna kana dun sa exhibit. We'll just meet there, ok?" sabi ni Zairah. Unkown to Andy's knowledge, Zairah is just at home and it's all a set up planned by Michelangelo.

"Ok, saang floor nga pala yung venue ng exhibit?" tanong niya.

"It's on the 2nd floor in the east wing, the first one in the left side" Zairah instructed. "Ok, got it. I'll wait for you" sabi niya. "Ok" tugon ni Zairah. Then she taps the end icon on her cellphone's screen. Tapos pumunta na siya sa 2nd floor.

The door at the first room at the left side is open but it's dark inside. She wonders why the lights are out and that there's no one in there to attend at the exhibit. She hesitates to go in but there's something that's telling her to go inside. So, she did. She walks in slowly. Then stops when she's inside already. She just stood there in the darkness. Then suddenly, all the lights went on.

"I'm glad you came Andy" Michelangelo said. Nasa likuran siya ni Andy. Agad namang pumihit paharap sa kanya si Andy.

"Michelangelo?!" she's really surprised to see him. Her eyes widen. "Let me introduce myself properly" he said and cleared his throat as he walks towards her. "I'm Michelangel a.k.a 'M' Buenavista" pakilala ni Michelangelo. Andy's speechless.

"The paintings in here are my latest works and has not been released to public yet" he said. "Whoa...whoa...I can't believe this!" Andy said. Then she turns around and saw a dozen of paintings, beautiful and amazing paintings. Michelangelo chuckled.

"I'm really 'M', kahit na tanungin mo pa si Zairah" sabi ni Michelangelo na nakatayo na sa tabi ni Andy. She looks at him.

"Wow! I never thought that 'M' will be you" sabi ni Andy na puno ng paghanga. "Anyway, why did you reveal your identity?" tanong nito. "I just wanna be honest with you Andy. Di ko sinabi sa'yo na ako si M para magustuhan mo ako kundi para mas makilala mo pa ako and I don't wanna hide secrets from you," he sincerely said. "I'm so overwhelmed!" sabi naman ni Andy.

"Are we just gonna talk or you're gonna check on my paintings?" Michelangelo asked grinning. She  smiled at him and holds his hand. Then they walks towards his paintings. Then they look at on each of his painting. As they look, Michelangelo explains the details in every piece and what's his inspiration.

Then Andy noticed somthing in the center. "Why is that one covered?" she pointed out to that thing, covered with white sheath. "Well, go and see it for yourself" he said and winked at her.

Naglakad naman patungo sa gitna si Andy at pagkatapos, dahan-dahan niyang ibinaba ang white sheath.

She held her breath when she saw what was behind the sheath. "Oh my! It's my portrait! It's so beautiful" she said and got herself even closer to it  to have a clearer view on the painting.

"I just made it hours ago" he said. "Wow! You're really amazing! Kuhang-kuha mo talaga ang details ng face ko" she said, feeling so overwhelmed about the fact that her favorite painter has made her a portrait.

"Thanks coz you liked it" sabi ni Michelangelo. "I think you owe me one" dagdag pa ni Michelangelo at sumilay sa labi niya ang isang pilyong ngiti.

"Yeah, I owe you one for making me this beautiful portrait" Andy said and gets close to him. Then she wrap her arms around his neck. Tapos dahan-dahang lumalapit ang mukha ni Michelangelo sa mukha ni Andy.

She closed her eyes, knowing what will happen nexdhe felt his warm breathing and for an instance, her lips were being sealed by his soft lips. His lips starter to move and she responds to his kiss. Which encourages him to kiss her deeper. His tounge went in to her mouth and seeks hers. Their tounge dance in a rhythm when he found hers and their tounge entwined. Giving pleasure to both of them.

"Let's have dinner. I made a reservation at the restaurant" Michelangelo said when their lips parted. "Yes, we should" she agreed.

Then they walk out hand in hand like they're not gonna let go of eachother. A candle light dinner is set up. They had a lovely dinner. Exchanging sweet nothings to eachother.