xviii ↝ same

ONLY one day before the performance. Felix checked the time on his phone before heading off home. He had stayed home late at a friend's house practicing his violin. His friend played the piano but it was nothing like Chang-bin's playing. At least to his ears it wasn't. Felix put his hood on, looking like a model on the runway. People stared at him, some gasping, some whispering, and some asking for his number. He denied their numbers. He didn't like girls. Especially not the ones who ask for your numbers from a first glance. He sighed, continuing to walk home. He recalled the piece Chang-bin had played, wondering if he'd play it for the performance. He prayed that he did.

Felix walked by some couples, his heart shattering every time he glanced at them. Some were kissing, some were holding hands and some... were breaking up. Felix pouted. Was that what was happening with him and Chang-bin? Were they breaking up? They couldn't be. They weren't a couple.

"Did I do something wrong?" the woman yelled, her voice vibrating in Felix's ears.

"You were with him! Didn't you ever love me? At least a tiny bit?"

"Of course I did! We weren't a thing."

Stop...

"How can you say that for sure? You're a slut!"

Stop...

"YOU'RE A CHEATER!"

"So what if I am? We're even!"

"STOP!" Felix yelled, the couple shushing. They looked at him, a bit concerned for his mental health. Felix bowed and went away, ignoring eye contact. He ran home, not wanting to be heart broken again. He had enough of it. He wanted to fix things.

And he knew exactly how.

---

© euph_oria