Chapter 8: Chase

"All aboard!" I yell turning and walking back up the Leapfrog's hatch everyone else behind me, including the new girl. Looks like we have a new member of the gang. At least nobody opened up a spot by dying this time, at least not yet.
   As I walk back up to the cockpit Old Lace pokes her head from the co-piolet seat to see what's up. Her blood red reptilian eyes track me without hostility unlike a normal dinosuar would and she wags her tail like a dog when she sees me.
   "Hey girl!" I say patting her head and I sit down next to her. She must've wandered up into the cockpit while I was outside. Molly skips up next to me and Lace licks her face.
   "Eww!" Molly exclaims laughing.
   Vic walks up next to us.
    "Hey! Lace took my seat!" He complains.
   "Tough luck buddy... you can try get her to move..." I say.
   "Yeah, no thanks. When's the last time you feed her anyway, she's looking at me like a snack."
    "She better find someone with actual meat on thier bones." I tease then I hear a short shriek from behind us. I look over my shoulder to find New Girl staring Lace wide eyed.
   "Don't worry!" Explains Molly, "Old Lace is a good Dino! She even does tricks! Old Lace, sit!" She commands.
   "Don't do that Molly, she's not some circus animal." I say rolling my eyes, but Lace happily sits and looks at Molly pleased with herself. Molly claps. New Girl is silent but walks a little closer settling into one of the seats. The head of the thing the came out of her skin a few minutes ago rests it self abover her shoulder, attached to her back by a tendril.
   "We like!" It explains looking at the girl for approval. She roles her eyes and pushs it away. It gets absorbed again or whatever it does and she looks back at us a little embarrassed. Karolina sits next to her and Nico next to Molly and Klara across from Karolina.
   "Guess I'm not getting my seat back." Vic says walking to one of the seats in back. And I settle into the piolet's seat next to my new co-piolet.