an interview with spider-man - 2

"You guys will not believe who I met last night!"

Peter could hear your voice down the stairs and around the corner. It was after third period, and you were crowded around your locker with a small group of friends, excited to show them the interview you had with Spider-Man and to just tell them about the experience. Peter's locker was just down the hall from yours, so he was headed that way. Hearing your voice, and the way you were talking about your encounter with Spider-Man, almost made him slip on the stairs, but he caught himself by gripping the railing tightly to steady himself.

After he'd dropped you off on your fire escape the night before, he had been pretty certain that you hadn't caught on as to who was behind the mask. At least, he hoped you hadn't. But your words made this breath catch in his throat. A few more steps and he'd be at his locker - optimal distance for eavesdropping on your conversation. It wasn't that Peter wanted to be slightly stalker-ish, he just wanted to make sure that his real identity was still safe. And anyway, he had a crush on you, so he was always tuned in to what you were saying.

It took Peter a few tries to get his locker open, as he was listening to what you were telling your group of friends. He'd started listening in when you were half-way through your story. You were gesturing wildly, your eyes wide with excitement, "-then he fucking offered to bring me home! Like he carried me home using his webs. It was fucking insane."

Finally pulling the door to his locker open, he dipped his head down, a huge smile tugging at the corners of his lips, a few strands of hair falling into his face. He let his backpack drop from his shoulder to the floor as he started to exchange the books he no longer needed with the ones he needed for the next few classes.

All of your friends were talking away, question after question coming out of their mouths. Realistically, Peter knew that people liked Spider-Man, and that he was especially popular at his school because he saved a bunch of his friends in DC. However, it was still weird to hear a group of his peers gushing over him. As Peter Parker, he was a nerd, and kind of a nobody. But as Spider-Man? He was a hit. This fact often left Peter wishing that he could just reveal to everyone that he was the one behind the mask and suit.

"Was he hot?" At this question in particular, Peter's head whipped around, glancing at the group gathered around you.

He shifted slightly so he could see could see your face from where was standing as you answered, "Yes. Oh my god, yes."

Peter was quick to pick up on how flustered you'd gotten by the question, and his cheeks immediately flushed at your response. He quickly turned back to his locker, hiding his face behind the door while he pretended to look for something he needed. That didn't stop him from listening to your conversation, though.

"He was so strong. Like he just picked me up and held me the entire way home like I weighed nothing. And, I mean, I didn't talk to him for too long, but he seemed so smart and just, like, funny, ya know? He also had a really, really cute laugh." At this point, at least Peter was sure that you didn't know that it was him. There was no you'd be talking about him like that if you knew. "Also, when we were swinging above the city, his mask kind of slid up and I didn't see his face, but his hair was brown and kinda curly and god it looked so soft. I wanted to touch it so badly, but I didn't want to be weird."

An inhuman noise came out of Peter's mouth at your admission to your friends and his eyes went wide. If only you knew how big of a crush Peter had on you. Though Peter didn't realize it, Ned had walked up at the moment the weird noise came out of his mouth. "Are you okay, Peter?"

Ned's voice shook Peter out of his trance and turned to look at his best friend. He nodded quickly, shrugging his shoulder, "Yeah, I, uh- yeah, I'm fine."

Ned gave him a look, not really believing Peter, but let it slide. "Are you doing anything tonight? MJ's coming over and we're going to study if you wanna join."

Peter waved his hand dismissively, nodding his head, "Yeah, yeah, sure, I'll be there."

"Okay well... The bell is about to ring, so I'll see you at lunch." And with that, Ned had left Peter there by himself once more.

Just as soon as Ned had rounded the corner, the bell rang, and everyone in the hallway slowly dispersed. Peter was still trying to pack up all of the right books, having been distracted the entire time between classes. Glancing over, he noticed that you were still there, putting notebooks into your backpack, as you'd been talking to friends the entire time.

Sucking in a deep breath, Peter headed over your way, trying to work up his confidence to say something to you. As he approached your locker, he spoke up, "I, um, heard you say that you met Spider-Man?" Your head turned so you could look at Peter, who was praying that you didn't think he was being creepy for listening. He watched the way your eyes lit up, a huge smile spreading across your face as you nodded vigorously. "What, uh- what was he like?"

He could feel his heart skip a beat in his chest as you looked up at him, the huge smile still on your face. "Oh, god, Peter, he was so- I don't even know how to explain. He was amazing. Kind of perfect, really- I know it's dumb but I hope I see him again, I think I might have a crush on him."

Peter's books fell out of his arms at your words, and he stumbled as he bent down quickly to pick them up. He was surprised you knew his name, surprised you were talking to him, surprised that you had a crush on Spider-Man (so, by extension, you had a crush on Peter, technically). You were quick to follow suit, helping him gather up all of the books. Crouching down, Peter took in another deep breath to calm himself, just like May had taught him.

Some of his hair was falling into his face as his eyes met yours again. His cheeks were blushed a dark shade of pink and he laughed nervously, pushing a few of the dark curls away from his face. You realized in that moment that Peter's hair reminded you a lot of what you had seen of Spider-Man's. And the laugh... how could you forget a laugh like that?

Peter gave you a shy smile, his books finally collected in his arms, and he took your hand to help you stand up again. His foot shuffled against the tile flooring of the hallway and he nodded his head toward the direction of his class, "Okay, well, I'll see ya around, Y/N." And with that, Peter was gone, leaving you wide-eyed in the middle of the hallway. Could Peter possibly be who you thought he was?