❀ Chapter five ❀

Noelle opened the door to the classroom ten minutes after their encounter and walked in. She saw Susie in her usual spot and didn't know what to say to her. What would she say after THAT? Noelle did seem to notice something different about her, though. She had pushed her hair away from the eyes. Did she catch me staring before?! Was Noelle's first reaction, but she soon shook those feelings away. It can't be that, right? If it is, that would be so embarrassing for Noelle!

Noelle wanted to go up to her but at the same time, it would probably annoy Susie. She gave into those feelings and gingerly walked up to her, her fingers playing around with one another. "Hey."
Susie looked up to Noelle and took her legs off of the desk. "Hey."

Noelle decided it would be a good idea to point out how Susie's hair suddenly looked different. Well, duh. She moved it out of her face because Noelle was staring at her eyes. Maybe she did it to impress Noelle? "Your hair is different." In a way, Noelle hated herself that she wasn't the best at talking to others. She was always shy while speaking to other monsters. Always has, always will be.

Hearing that made Susie crack a smirk. "That it is. Glad your eyesight is fine." Noelle felt a small stab in her chest. Susie didn't seem to be taking Noelle seriously, but who would? She was being dumb for asking such stupid questions. Noelle was about to say something back, but was cut off by Susie.

"Hey, I'm bored. Wanna skip school today?"
Susie's voice broke Noelle out of her thoughts and she slightly jumped in surprise, almost immediately bursting out into a fit of coughs. "H-Huh?" She began to stutter as she tried to stop it. She managed to force the coughing away, thankfully. As Noelle had her coughing fit, Susie raised a brow and leaned forward a bit to get off the chair, but leaned back when Noelle stopped. It was almost like she wanted to help with Noelle's coughing.

"Ah.. sorry. Why do you want to skip and where would we go?!"

Susie stifled a laugh in and her smirk turned to a wide grin. "Dunno. Your place, maybe?" Noelle instantly blushed and her heart skipped a beat. Why did Susie suddenly want to skip and go to her place? Did she... have other plans?
"Pfft, dirty minded, aren't you?" Susie let out a laugh. "I just wanted to know if you had video games. There's one that I'm DYING to play!" The girl let out a slight sigh, both relieved and disappointed. Relieved because she wasn't the best at romance and that she didn't want to take things quickly, and disappointed because of her love for Susie, and wanting to do things with her. It was very confusing for Noelle, and sometimes she didn't know what she wanted. Sometimes, she thought she was disgusting and gross for thinking about her and Susie together.

Oh..How did she know I played video games?

Noelle remembered that she often invited Kris over to play video games when they were younger. That was years ago though, and the two of them since grew apart. Kris.. was a little different too, just like Susie, and the two of them probably hung out. Kris must have told Susie then. She thought as she let out a tensed sounding chuckle. "Well.. what's the game?"

"Hmm.. I played an older game from it when I was younger. It was like an adventure game where you explore dungeons and beat up bad guys, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever."

Noelle thought for a moment to think of the game Susie was describing. "Is it the Legend of Zorro?" She asked, her lips forming into a smile.

Susie suddenly stood right up and her face suddenly showed proper emotion. The once quiet, calm girl all of the sudden turned the opposite. Susie excitedly grabbed Noelle's shoulders and began shaking her back in forth in excitement. "Yes! Oh my god, Noelle! You gotta let me play it! Let's get outta here!" She soon began emitting nonsense about the game series and how much she wanted to play the newest game from it, all while having her hands tightly on Noelle's shoulders. Noelle soon placed her hands on Susie's wrists which caused her flinch and stop talking almost instantly. "Oh.. was I talking too much?" She very soon calmed down and pulled herself away from Noelle, her whole attitude changing back to how she usually is.