Chapter Seventeen: What If You Got Pregnant?

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | WHAT IF YOU PREGNANT?

  ♛ 

They stare at me for what seems like a damn year. They all have intense gazes, and at this point, I'm getting a little uncomfortable. Now I know what it feels like to get on their bad sides. I mean, yeah, Avery has glared at me like this, and let me tell you, it's scary. Their gazes are way more intense and intimidating. 

I coughed to snap them out of it and reluctantly they did. Are they mad? Would they even want to hang out with me anymore? I looked down at my lap and stared at it. Why did I even say that? 

"Norah," I heard Ethan say, I quickly look up at him and they're... smiling? "It's okay. We don't give a damn if they're your stepbrothers. Only if you turn into one of them, then yeah, we might have a problem. Other than that, you're fine, you don't have nothing to worry about."

I grinned so wide, they looked at me worried. I stood up and I told them to stand up. Once they did I gave them the biggest hug. They all froze but hesitantly hugged me back as if I was a fragile piece of glass. When we all let go, I slammed a ten dollar bill onto the table. Ethan shook his head and took it off the table and gave it back to me, as I stared at him confused.

"No. It's on me," I said smiling. He narrowed his eyes but slowly sighed and put it back on the table. We grabbed our drinks off the table and left the cafe. I pulled out my phone and turned it on to only widen my eyes.

West has called me twenty times! How did I not realize?

"Guys, come on, West called me twenty times!" I said tugging Carter's sleeve since he was closest to me. They looked at me and gave me a weak smile.

"Sorry, Norah. We walked to school today," Jaxon said. I started to panic since West probably has the police called, searching the whole freaking world.

"Okay how about this? We'll just run there," Ethan suggested. I shook my head and sighed.

"We can't. My house is pretty far away," I told him. It was silent for a while until we had no choice but to walk.

"Don't worry Norah. We'll be here for you," Carter said, giving me a warm smile. I returned the gesture but on the inside, my heart was beating so fast I was worried they'd hear.

We all quickly walked to my house and my heart skipped a beat once I saw all the lights still on. I sighed, wishing they wouldn't be in there. I motioned for the guys to follow me and they did, I searched for my key in my backpack and as I tried opening the door, my hands were shaking. It finally made that satisfying clicking sound. Pushing open the door, I was expecting to see West standing there with his arms crossed, and an angry expression on his face.

I see nothing though.

We all made eye contact and I smile. We all do. That means they're either not here or sleeping! I can finally live my life. I don't have to be afraid of dying now! We all walked in further and I was not expecting a knife to be thrown across the room, barely missing my face. I screamed and stumbled back into the guys. We all fell onto the floor as I shut my eyes closed. They fluttered open and there I see, not one, not two.

But four of my stepbrothers.

It was really silent, like, you can hear a damn grasshopper in the background silence. West was the angriest, his face was red as a tomato. Theo had his arms crossed as he glared at me. Emmet and Elijah had clenched fists, their knuckles were turning white as they both glared at the three guys. I didn't see the guys flinch though, they looked well composed.

The three of them stood up and Carter swooped me up from under my armpits and I thought I was flying for a second. Theo, who was the closest to us, grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me to him protectively.

"Where were you? Why did your phone suddenly hang up?" West shouted at me. I gulped and opened my mouth, but nothing came out.

"Answer!" Theo yelled at me. I jerked myself out of his hold and backed away, fear evident on my face.

"Can you at least let her answer?" Ethan said, casually. He didn't look scared at all, in fact, all of them weren't. Instead, they all glared back at all of my stepbrothers. 

"What's it to you?" Emmet snapped at Ethan. He rolled his eyes and shoved his hands in his pockets. 

"I-I got scared. When Jaxon," - I pointed at Jaxon to tell them which is which - "stole my phone and West got a-angry I pulled it back from him and pressed end call. I was just nervous."

All four of them were silent until Elijah decided to speak, "Okay. Who are those three?"

I was about to say something before Jaxon cut me off, "I'm Jaxon, that's Ethan and this is Carter. We're football mates with little Norah here, we're all besties."

I smiled softly at them but then got confused and narrowed my eyes at them, "Why did you a knife throw at me?"

Everyone looked at Emmet as he put his arms up in defence, "Okay, okay! I thought you were an intruder."

I laughed, this time louder, and West looked back at me and pointed, "You're not off the hook. What if you got pregnant?!"

I flushed a deep red and dropped my jaw, "I'm sixteen, and I'm not an idiot!"

"Whatever." 

Theo sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Go upstairs Norah, and you three, get out!"

"Bossy," I muttered and the three guys hear and chuckled. I walked them to the door and opened it up for them, before smiling at them.

"Thanks for today. I had a lot of fun," I said. Jaxon giggled like a girl and patted my head as if I'm a dog. Then he picked me up and spun me around.

"You're so adorable Norah!" He exclaimed. He stopped though since he caught Emmet and Elijah glaring at him, motioning him for him to put me down.

He paused and grumbled something under his breath, before putting me down. All of us laughed and they took turns patting my head, before leaving.

I smiled at the door and then left upstairs thinking one thing.

I'm actually happy.

◾◾◾

▪N O T | E D I T E D▪

A/N: I liked this chapter. It was cute, what are your thoughts? I'm glad that these three are new characters, and apparently, all of you do too! I'll keep them as characters and maybe they are Norah's new best friends. ;)

Hopefully, you like the characters I chose for the guys. If you did, leave a comment! (I found them on Pinterest).

Thanks for reading! I'll post Big Brothers tomorrow.

▪COMMENT▪VOTE▪FOLLOW▪