Chapter Twenty-Nine

Y/n's pov

I turned around and lifted up my hood enough to look at the person's face. I was met with Toby's face looking down at me, with a scarf wrapped around his neck covering his mouth. "Y/n." He said again not really looking for a response.

I wrenched my arm away and began walking backwards "Why are you here?" I said lowly than turning and walking faster.

"W-wait! Come o-on." He said running after me. He ran in front of me stopping me in my path. He took out a small radio walkie-talkie and brought it to his mouth, "F-found them, we're o-on.." He looked up at the street sign than locked eyes with mine as I pleadingly shook my head no. "No-norbrick and H-harvey..." My face dropped behind my mask.

Looking back at Toby, his gaze was in the opposite direction looking around. I shifted my weight and pulled my hood back over my face, thinking about what I'm going to say to Hoodie. We stood in an awkward silence until Toby nudged my side "T-they're here, l-let's go..."

I kept my hood down but held onto Toby sleeve to lead me in the right direction. I kept my eyes glued to my feet not wanting to face whoever else came. We stopped and I let go of Toby's sweatshirt. "Y/n?" A voice that I identified as Hoodie's asked.

I looked up slowly meeting his hooded face, along with Kate and Maksy. "Let's get back, hm?" Hoodie said holding his hand out to me. I looked at it for a second before taking it.

We walked down a few narrow streets until we came to the opening for the trail. We all walked in silence until I cleared my throat "How did you know where I was?" I said looking up at Hoodie. "Oh. Um.. Slender kinda tracked you." I looked at him questionably. "How..?"

Kate intervened leaning forward so I could see her. "None of us really know.. Mind waves maybe?" She offered. I nodded a little creeped out.

"Um.. How's BEN? I asked looking down. Maksy looked over and lifted his mask to above his mouth. "He's fine. He woke up just before we went to look for you." Masky said emotionally. "He also told everyone what happened, Clockwork's feels like shit." Kate added.

I pulled down my mask and gave them a small smiled. "Thank you." I said lowly. They smiled back and Toby threw his arm over my shoulder and ruffled my hair. "Im-imagine how much c-credit I'll g-g-get for finding y-you!" He sang looking at Masky.

Masky snapped his head to look at him. "You wouldn't, we all looked just as much as you did." Masky deadpanned. Toby smirked "Is th-that a c-challenge, s-second in co-command?" Toby mocked. They continued bickering as we continued to walk with a little less tension in the air.