Part 5 : I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman (12/27/18); (Edited 12/11/20)

Warning: This chapter will have  sexual assult

Warning: This chapter will have  sexual assult. It is not overly explicit, but there will be a heavy mention of it towards the end of the chapter, if you cannot handle it, you can skip it.

16, end of June

The first evening they spent was quiet, unpacking, and tuckered out from being cramped in the train majority of the day. Tabitha had noticed a small television in the room that she decided to watch until she had fallen asleep. She put on her sleep shirt and pants. It was baggy, loose-fitting, and comfy. She was glad for the choice she made, even if she had her room.

She focused on the telly as she heard movements from the bathroom. She felt the butterflies in her stomach as her countdown was starting to come to a close; it would be less than a day left until her wish would come true, seeing her favorite girl band.

On her bed, there were a couple of things arrayed in no particular order, her sketchbook, a tourist book of London of sites to visit, and her stuffed animal. For her sketchbook, she always tried to draw something every night. It was a productive way to calm her down from the events of the day, and she was usually happy with her work. For the sightseeing, she wanted to look at more than just the concert. For all she knew, this would be the only time she would be in London in her lifetime; she hoped not, but there wasn't any way for her to know. There would be a high probability that Father Foley, oh wait- Stephen now, would want to join her since he wouldn't want a repeat of the train ride earlier. She rolled her eyes at the thought. It wasn't fair that she had to spend time with a man she didn't even like.

The things Tabitha did to have fun.

Tabitha hugged her stuffed bear that she had a bad habit of sleeping with every night. It was either that or hugging a pillow; she was the hugging type, like her father. The difference was that she wouldn't just hug anyone or anything. Her parents taught her about boundaries.

It was something she practiced in her everyday life, particularly with strangers. She remembered meeting a 'friend' of her father once. He was some businessman her father would talk to while he would tend to the company plants of where the guy would work. He was pleasant and all, but when it came time for it, and he tried to hug her, she dodged it and gave him a handshake instead. She didn't suspect anything terrible of him, but still, hugging a grown man who wasn't her father, or anyone she was remotely familiar with, was not an option.

She heard the bathroom door open, watching with wary eyes as he got out, fully clothed and a towel around his neck, probably to dry off his hair. There was a weird feeling in her stomach, and it wasn't the butterflies from before.

Internally, she shook her head. Tabitha, stop worrying for once! He won't do anything to you, your grandmother trusts him. Surely someone who she trusts is good, right?

She stayed on her stomach, legs up in the air, and ankles crossed together. The news brought about a report of a recall of some food product. Maybe she should listen and know what she should look out for.