46 Birthday Gift

Part 46

Arnav was suffocating in "last night" memories which happened in GH. Why did he stop Khushi, when she was ready to be with him? Didn't she say that she is his wife? How idiot he is? His thought got broken hearing knock on the door.

Arnav was surprised seeing Khushi with a bag. He couldn't believe that she is really here... right before his eyes.

Arnav: Khushi... You are here?

Khushi: Shouldn't I come here?

Arnav: This is your home, come.

He gently clutched her hand and pulled her inside.

Khushi (showing the bag): This is for you.

Arnav: what's this?

Khushi: Come and see it by yourself.

Arnav amazed seeing his favorite food items. Methi ki paratha ... mutter panner... badam halwa... Arnav smiled at her.

Arnav: What did Amma and Buaji say seeing you preparing these for me?

Khushi: They didn't even know about it. I prepared it in Preeto's home.

Arnav (surprised): Did you lie?

Khushi nodded yes biting her nail.

Arnav: Good improvement.

He said with his lopsided smile.

Arnav took a spoon of halwa and tried to feed it to Khushi. She gently shrugged his handoff.

Khushi: Arnavji... You taste it first.

Arnav looked at her with a suspicious gaze.

Arnav: What you are doing Khushi?

Khushi: Nothing Arnavji...

Arnav: Then eat this sweet. (He said with intensive look.)

Khushi: ohhh... I don't like badam halwa. I cooked it especially for you.

Arnav: Might be but you may eat this for me as today is my birthday.

Khushi (hesitatingly): Arnavji please don't compel me.

Arnav: Ok fine. Let's go out and buy jalebis.

He stood, Khushi caught hold of his hand and he looked at her.

Arnav: What's wrong Khushi? I'm watching you since you came back to Lucknow. That day also you ignored jalebis when Buaji fed you.

Khushi was silent.

Arnav: Khushi, I'm asking you something. (He raised her chin up.) Tell me Khushi.

Khushi (in gauzy tone): Because I stopped eating sweets.

Arnav (shocked): What!! But why?

Khushi: Just like that.

She turned her gaze somewhere. But Arnav dragged her close to him.

Arnav: No... you are hiding something from me. Won't you tell me Khushi?

Khushi (gulped): I don't want anything that you can't have. I don't want that happiness which cannot make you happy.

Arnav was stunned. He went completely speechless. He was looking at her with unbelievable stare. What a girl she is? She stopped eating sweets just because he couldn't?

Arnav: What the hell are you doing Khushi? Are you crazy? (he composed himself) Khushi listen, I know how much you like sweets.

Khushi: "I liked", but not anymore.