16

After feeling Aurora's tongue wrapped around my finger the other day, I've been actively avoiding her in order to respect Chase's wishes of his friends staying away from her

After feeling Aurora's tongue wrapped around my finger the other day, I've been actively avoiding her in order to respect Chase's wishes of his friends staying away from her. I know that I initiated whatever happened, but it was in the heat of the moment. I'm unsure if I regret doing it or not, but I know that it can't happen again.

Ever since Aurora arrived, I've been so wound up and can't get off without thinking of her. She has too much power over me and I need to find a way to rectify this situation.

During English Lit, I sit as far away from Aurora as possible, not following through on the promise I made to her; I made a promise to Chase too. After my classes are finished, I walk to the library. Usually, I study at home but knowing that I share a wall with Aurora is the biggest temptation that I cannot ignore if I try. Sleeping is a nightmare.

I sit for a while with a book in front of me, unable to retain any of the words on the pages. A few girls giggle and watch me from a few tables away but I ignore them, not wanting to make the same choice as I did the night of the party.

According to my watch, there are only twenty minutes until I have to leave for soccer practice and as I look back up, I see a flash of the red cheerleading uniform disappear behind a shelf and can't help but follow. "Hey babe, want some help with that?" I hear a male's voice speak. Looking between the shelves, I'm able to see the cheerleader trapped between him and the shelf.

"No thank you." I hear her whisper, obviously intimidated by him. Unable to sit and watch, I storm around to the correct aisle.

"What do you say, let's have some fun. Right. Here. Nobody can see." His voice is gravelly and creepy and I pick up my pace.

"Please stop." She says and I see red as soon as I recognize her accent. The creep is pressing Aurora against the shelf now, his hands on her hips and I shove him off. Rearing back as he stumbles, I throw a punch hard enough to send him to the floor. He shouts as he hits the ground, holding his jaw with both hands and I ignore him, focusing on Aurora.

"Princess, you okay?" I ask her gently, holding her face in between my hands and she nods with wide eyes, setting her small hands on the front of my shoulders. I do something completely out of character and pull her into my chest, hugging her to me and she instantly slides them up and wraps her arms around my neck. Her feet come off the ground as I straighten my back but she doesn't complain or let go, nuzzling her face into my neck. "Alright. Hey, it's okay, you wanna skip practice today?" I ask, setting her back down on the ground and she reluctantly lets go of me.

"I can't, Crysta―"

"Forget about Crystal, I'll take care of her. Do you want to skip practice?" I cut her off and she nods, her lower lip trembling. Sliding my fingers between hers, I lead her out of the library and leave the guy on the ground to whine and groan. She follows wordlessly beside me as I lead her to where I parked. She gawks at the sight and I smirk, proud of the beauty of a car. I didn't use anything but my Escalade around here, but after dropping Penny off with my father, I was angry enough to take his Audi R8. He probably wouldn't even notice.