8: Scars

Warning: suicidal events

The next day, Karin avoided everyone. She didn't eat at lunch and she stared at the window with a neutral expression. Kirishima was worried sick about her since he knew that her eye colors turned grey. She was depressed.

She didn't speak and was slow at everything.

Maybe it was because she didn't care too much anymore. She should've never come here if she wasn't good enough to fight back and since she couldn't fit in. In the middle of passing periods, her stomach growled but the pain from it didn't bother her too much. It wasn't something that she couldn't handle. In fact, she didn't even eat dinner the night before. Did she even have lunch yesterday?

Guess it doesn't matter now...

Word got out about what Katsuki did to Karin practically over night and so whispers and rumors taunted her throughout the school. Todoroki was pissed to hear about it and he never left her side unless it was truly necessary. "Karin... tell me what's going on with you.. why won't you tell me anything?"

She kept her mouth shut and faced the ground. They were at her locker as she was getting ready for their last class of the day. Mr. Aizawa was assigning each student into pairs for training today and she would have to prove herself to the professor.
It was nerve wrecking...

Shouto sighed in annoyance and he slammed her locker door shut when she was done. Her eyes widened slightly and he towered over her. "You're eyes are grey Karin... you're not good at hiding anything..."

"W-Who said that I was trying to?" She mumbled. He frowned and gazed down at her for a moment. It was at that very second he knew that grey was his least favorite color. He hated it. It took away from the gold and yellow color that shined through her irises and it showed how much pain she was in.
All of that was gone..

And in a way, it reminded him of his mother's eyes. They were empty just like hers...

Karin shivered since he accidentally sent cool waves of his quirk through his right side. His eyes widened and he took off his grey uniform jacket to lend to her. "S-Sorry..." He was left in his white blouse while she was left blushing slightly from the gesture.
He's looks good in white

"Oh good. Your eyes are back to normal." He pointed out the pink iris tone she showed and immediately they turned gold from embarrassment.

She rolled her eyes and puffed out her cheeks as she pouted.

***

"Alright. Today we're gonna be sparring. I'm assigning each and every one of you in groups of two randomly. You'll be scattered throughout the training area."
Mr. Aizawa stood amongst his class as they were all dressed in their hero costumes today.

Karin fidgeted with her gloves and sighed. She was dreading being paired up with anyone. Either way she had no confidence so it didn't matter as to which person she was chosen with. Of course she had two useful quirks but her pitiful kind nature prevented her from being competitive. She was falling behind her class.

"Izuki Midoriya with Tokoyami."

"Denki Kaminari with Momo Yaoyorozu"

"Minoru Mineta with Toru Hagakure"

Etc...

The list went on and on and her stomach was dropping from every name that went by. Soon she was paired up with...

"Karin Kirishima with Katsuki Bakugou."

Her eyes widened as Bakugou himself stiffened. No way.. you got to be kidding me!!
Karin faced the ground and shuddered as her cousin frowned. He knew that Aizawa wouldn't change his mind from how stubborn he was and he couldn't stop them two from fighting. Karin would be on her own and she knew it.