Chapter 30: Could this be the end?

Allison's POV

Nash and I decided to go out for lunch by ourselves since we rarely hang out and I've needed someone to talk to about certain things. Cameron thinks it's good for us to go brother and sister bonding. Hayes is to busy hanging out with his new girlfriend, and is demanding Nash and I take him out tomorrow since he leaves in a few weeks for school.

I pull on shorts, a crop top, and my vans. I grab my phone and head down stairs. "Are you leaving?" Cameron asks. I nod walking toward the kitchen, he turns me around and kisses me. "I love you" he says "I love you" I say. I can feel the guilt Rising in my body. Nash walks into the room and rushes me out the door. We get into his new jeep and head toward the restaurant.

Skipping car ride

We walk into the restaurant and order. "So what's up with you and Cameron?" He asks setting his drink down. "I don't know, I love him and I want to be with him, but..." I pause "I think I want to go back to North Carolina" I say looking down. "What? why?" he asks confused "I.... I think it would be for the best right now. I want to be back with Maddy for awhile and I need a break from everyone." I say "I understand with Maddy, but when you mean everyone..." he trails off "I mean Cameron" I say feeling even more guilty. "Why?" he asks "you know I love him and he's the only person I want to be with but... being in this relationship is making me miss out on so many things, going out with my friends, me and Maddys friendship is gone. It's just opening my eyes. I just want to have a break with out having a break. I wish I could tell him and us take a break and not be with anyone else until I got back" I say. Then the food comes and the conversation dwindles away.

We ate then Nash says "I think you should tell him, I think he will wait for you. And if he doesn't then he's stupid and not worth it. And I know it's bad for me to say that about my best friend but it's true." "He's going to hate me" I say.

We finish eating and head back home. I get more nervous the closer we get to the house.Nash pulls into the drive way and I feel like I'm going to puke. "Just breathe, you'll be fine" Nash days getting out of the car. We walk inside and I go up to my room and change. Cameron walks in and I can't even explain how I feel in this moment. "What's wrong?" he asks. I sit on the bed and pat the spot in front of me. "This can't be good" he sighs sitting down.

"Okay, so I think I want to go back to North Carolina for a few months" I say "why?" he asks "I think I need a break from everyone and I want to hang out with Maddy more" I say "a break" he says "yeah..." my gut twist as he sits there staring at me. "So we are breaking up?" he asks "cameron I love you, I'm just missing out on so many things and you know I don't want to be with anyone else" I say. "so you're saying you want me to wait for you?" he says "kinda..." "I can't do that" he says and I can feel the pain in my heart "Cameron..." I say "You are moving to a different state, and we won't be together. why would I sit around and wait for you for months?" he says and my heart is racing "I understand." I say grabbing my phone, a bag of clothes and head down stairs. "Where are you going?" he asks "I'm going to stay in the basement until I leave" I say. "Why?" "We aren't together now" I say turning quickly as the tears fall from my face.

I walk through the house quickly but not quick enough "al?" Taylor ask right before I turn into the basement. I wipe my face and turn towards him "yeah" I say trying to hide the tears that still flood my eyes. "What's wrong?" he asks "nothing" I say and walk down the stairs and into the basement. I set my bag on the couch and sit down. "Al, talk to me" Taylor says. I catch my breath and wipe my face. "Cameron and I broke up" more tears flood out of my eyes. "What happened?" he asks "I'm going back to North Carolina" I pause " and he doesn't want to wait for me" I finish. "Then he's not worth it" Taylor says facing me. "Any one who is not willing to wait for you is definitely not worth it" he says whipping my face. I can't say anything at this time I just cry.

"Can you go get my pillow and quilt?" I ask Taylor. "Of course" he says walking upstairs. I follow him to the top of the stairs and look around the corner. Cameron isn't in the kitchen or living room so I hurry into the kitchen grab a water and stop at the stairs when I hear yelling. "You keep hurting her and she goes back to you every time" Taylor yells "you think I don't know this, but she's choosing to leave!" Cameron yells back "you blew it this time" Taylor says. I can't finish listening so

I go back to the basement and sit on the couch. I turn on a movie and wait for Taylor.

"Here you go" Taylor says hand in me a pillow and my quilt. Taylor sits next to me and we watch several movies before falling asleep.

****

1 week later

" You sure you have everything Nash asks standing at the airport. I check my carry on and I have everything "yeah" I say "okay, text me when you land, and get home, make sure you unpack everything and if you're missing anything I will send it to you but still text me a lot!" Nash laughs. "Okay, we have to go" I say hugging him and Taylor. Hayes and I go through security then board the plane.

Skipping plane ride

We land and get the rest of our bags. I text Nash and then Hayes spots mom. "I missed you two so much" she says hugging us. "You guys ready?" she ask "yeah" Hayes and I say at the same time. We laugh and head towards the car.

***

We get home and I unpack and have everything. My door opens and Maddy walks in "hey" she says "hi" I say looking down "Nash told me everything" she says sitting in my bed. "Yeah?" "I'm so sorry that I let our friendship go away, and for Cameron and you breaking up" she says "I'm the one who is sorry i just lost track of time with him" my stomach twist at the thought of him. "Do you think you'll ever get back with him?" she asks "I don't know I think this could be it..."

_________

So I hated writing this chapter because it's the end of this book 😭😭

But good news! I'm writing a sequel to this book.

I need some name ideas though😁

So comment what you want it to be and the best name will get a sneak peek to of the first chapter of the sequel😏

Comment & vote