Welcome to the Aeryn Awards

Welcome to the Aeryn Awards 2019 (Also referred to as TAA)! This is the second consecutive year of the Aeryn awards, a place designed to take in novels written by the wattpad community and hand out helpful reviews on a mass scale, and for those with a competitive side, ranking them. 

TAA works by collecting up to ten entries in each genre (there will be a random if it doesn't have your genre listed), and assigning up to three judges to each. All books get judged, and the highest ranked book in each genre gets a genre winner prize. The top three overall winners also get awards (shown farther on in this book).

So now you know the basics of what this is, let's jump straight into the rules, shall we? So that I don't waste your time reading half the book until you find that you can't enter the damn thing. 

 - You can not re-enter a book of yours in TAA if you have previously done so. This is to make new room for other books to be discovered. However if you entered a book last year that failed to get judged or reviewed due to no judges being in your category or *cough cough slack* judges, then you can enter your books here.

- No entries in any languages other than English. Pretty simple. I mean we don't expect every judge to be fluent in Swahili. 

- Unless the book is of the short-story or Poetry genres, it is expected to have at least five chapters of content (not including A/N or other non-content related chapters) for the judges to, well judge. 

- If your book has more than five thousand views you can't enter. I get that this may sound kind of unreasonable to those with that and above but this is supposed to be based around helping people get in to the spotlight. To anyone under that number, five thousand seems pretty amazing. However if you enter a book under five k and it goes over during the time before judging is completed, it would still be accepted. 

- Please enter by the deadline! If your books are not submitted to the Aeryn awards by the 1st of September 2019, then you will not be in the running to win. Please note that all times listed are in the Australian timeline. 

- All participants are expected to follow their assigned judges for the time being of TAA (feel free to unfollow after)so that things are easier for the judges. However, because judges will be signing up at the same time participants are, if your judge is assigned after you are, it is expected that they send you the email requesting a follow. It is not needed that you follow me.

- Check your emails please! I'll contact you here If I'm alerting you of important things or keeping you updated. I'll try to communicate so you know what's happening (please keep in mind there are a lot of participants). Please check your inbox monthly at the least, and alert me through PM if you have deleted your book, changed your username, changed the title or would like to pull out of TAA. 

- I would hope that this wouldn't need to be said, but absolutely no bribing, or having a go at the judges. I mean, the least you can do is be a half-decent human being! 

-If you want to enter, you're going to have to... list a tree on the bottom of your form [eg. willow, lemon, pine]. This just shows that you read the rules properly. And thanks for reading the rules, you'd be surprised at how many don't.  

- Pronounce my name however you want, it looks the same typed. 

-Judges from last year can judge again in same genres, etc. 

-Multiple books can be entered but only if they are in different categories. 

- Any of the listed rules above are not followed (with a few exceptions), you will be disqualified

***

Thanks again for reading that. Just letting past participants know, there will be some changes and improvements this year. Let me know here or by PM if you have an idea or think something new doesn't work. One of these new things is that I was hoping to enter a book that I have written here? My main is caitbuchanan and I've written a book there, but do any of you guys have an objection to this being entered in TAA? It will be judged equally, of course, and get no special treatment. Let me know what you reckon. 

Without any farther ado, let's get on with this!