Rainy Night in DC

((This story happens after the events of Captain America: the Winter Soldier take place. You are living in Washington DC and have been evacuated out of your home because if the recent terrorist attack on the S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters.))

You look out the window at the rain that was pouring down. It was really heavy, especially for this time of year, and you were in a hurry to get home. You wipe away some of the condensation away from the windshield to get a better look.

After the news reports about the recent terrorist attack on the S.H.I.E.L.D HQ and rumours about a dangerous assassin in the city, a few houses where evacuated, yours being one of them. You had to go stay with a kind friend until it was "over" and now you were driving back in the pouring rain, waiting to get home to a nice cup of coffee.

Out of the corner of your eye you see a figure walking into the road. You honk your horn and the figure instantly notices and runs back. You stop your car suddenly and walk over to him.

"Jesus Christ, buddy, you coulda killed yourself back there!" you yell at the general direction of the figure. "You're lucky I honked otherwise you would have been roadkill!" You walk over to the figure to give him a piece of your mind.

"Please... leave me alone," said the figure, trying to shield himself from the rain, and maybe from you. He was completely drenched and looked like he was limping a bit.

"What are you doing out on a night like this anyway?" you ask, wandering closer to get a better look at him. As you get closer, you notice that the man's left arm was silver, shining in the gleam of your headlights, almost as if it was made of metal. It was made up of multiple plates and they fitted together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. There was a single red star on the shoulder. As you where staring at it the man put his arm down, almost surrendering, allowing you to see his face. You put both hands on your mouth and let out a small gasp.

The man was covered from head to toe in a leather suit, probably designed for combat with pockets and belt buckles and the like. It was dirty and soaked and looked extremely uncomfortable. His left arm, which you definitely decided was made of metal, had little dents and scratches all over it, and blood on the knuckles. The man's face was bruised and bloody and his long brown hair was clinging to his face. Water was trickling down his neck. He looked like he had seen hell.

"Oh my god," you exclaim.

You had heard about these kind of people before. Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, the modern day heroes of America and possibly the world. People either hated them or adored them, mostly the latter though. This man looked like one of them it at the same time, he didn't. He seemed less... heroic than the others. It was very unsettling.

"Leave me alone," he mumbled. "I need you to go."

"Do you have anywhere to stay?" you demand.

"You really need to go..."

"You're not answering my question."

"Whatever." he turned around and started walking in the opposite direction.

"DO YOU HAVE A PLACE TO STAY!?" you shout as loud as your lungs would allow.

"No, what is it to you?!" he yelled suddenly.

"Because you look like you've seen hell and you need medical attention."

"Well... I'm.." He looked at his feet.

"Fine." you walk back to your car. "Your loss."

"Wait!" You turn back around. The man was walking back towards you. "Maybe I could stay for a little, just a day..."