Chapter 14

'Ring Ringggg Ring Ringggg'--

I closed my alarm as I sat up from my bed and started stretching. Today was my first day of work, and I did not want to be late.

I quickly got out of my bed and took a shower. I dressed simply and tied my hair into a pony tail and checked my reflection in the mirror. Hopefully, this will make a good first impression.

I grabbed my phone, keys, and wallet and stuffed it into a mini purse and went to the kitchen to get breakfeast. I found some milk and made cereal.

I checked the time, 5 minutes to eat and then I need to start walking.

I finished my cereal in 4 minutes and started heading out. I opened the gates and saw Xiumin.

"Oh good morning.... wait what? Xiumin what're you doing here?" I asked.

"Good morning Jihyun. I just thought that since this was your first day, I would walk you there," Xiumin explained.

"Oh, you didn't have to. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get lost or something," I said.

"I know, but just incase. And this is only because it's your first day. I'm not going to walk you on the other days, so you should be happy that you get to spend time with me right now," he said proudly.

I laughed,"Haha. Sure I'm happy."

"Hurry up. Let's get going before I get you late on your first day," Xiumin said. Then we started walking towards the cafe.

We arrived right on time. The cafe was dim and empty because it didn't open yet. Xiumin took out his keys and unlocked it.

"Do all employees have the key to here?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Just the ones that she trusts and those who usually appear the earliest or leave the latest."

We went in and turned on the lights.

"I think the boss is waiting for you in the kitchen. You should go and check," Xiumin notified.

I nodded and started heading into the kitchen.

I saw a lady a bit shorter than me waiting in the kitchen. She looked around her late 40's. She had a warm smile showing her dimples.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I greeted and bowed.

"Annyeong. I am Mrs. Kim. Are you Xiumin's friend that wanted to be a waitress here?" she asked.

I nodded. She then started looking at me up and down like she's judging.

"You're approved," she concluded.

"Really?" I asked jumping and clapping my hands. I sounded like a happy child.

She nodded. "You're so pretty that you could attract more customers."

I started blushing. "Ahjumma~ You already said that to Xiumin," I said.

She seemed confused. "Xiumin? I don't remember saying that to him...," she paused,"It would be weird to flatter my son like that."

"W-What?! He's your son?" I asked.

"Yes," she confirmed,"Didn't he tell you?"

I shook my head. It all makes sense now. Her last name is 'Kim' and I'm pretty sure a boss wouldn't hire a K-Pop star, knowing the chaos that might happen to their cafe, but she probably needed some help since this is a new bakery that just recently opened.

"Aish, that kid. He probably just didn't want to be special compared to the other employees." she explained.

I nodded.