SEVEN ━ THE PHONE CALLS

* •

. * • . ° ☆彡 °. • *.

"Momma!" Gisele exclaimed excitedly as soon as she heard her mom answer the phone. "You can't believe it! The fans are amazing! The atmosphere was great. Our song was great. Our clothes were great. Everything is great!"

It has been like this for a while after Ellie had told Gisele about her having cancer and not wanting any treatment at all. It was hard for the girl, but she was doing the things her mother said she had to do. Gisele would call her mom as soon as possible when the band traveled to another place and they had to go the bathroom. If they were lucky enough, or if Gisele was lucky enough, her and Freddie would immediately call their loved ones.

"Thats amazing, sweetheart," Ellie coughed out. Gisele's smile faltered when hearing the sound, her heart beating against her chest. "Your song is amazing. Everyone is here with me. Mrs. Johnson. Ms. Smith. Mrs. Brown. Even Mary is here. Every woman is here and we're rooting you on. You're making me so proud, Gigi."

"Hey," Roger said, placing his hand on her shoulder as he gave her a water bottle and a sandwich, knowing that the girl wasn't eating that well, "is that your mom on the phone?"

"Yeah," Gisele answered, thanking him as he leaned on the wall across from her. He brought the beer close to his lips, drinking as he stared at the girl. He wiggled his eyebrows at the girl as they both held eye contact and she swatted him. He chuckled.

"Is that him?" Her mother asked excitedly. Gisele cleared her throat, looking away from Roger's eyes as she feigned a look of confusion.

"Who?"

"The blonde. Give him the phone," Gisele started arguing as soon as those words left her mother's lips. She immediately stopped when her mother spoke in a stern voice. "Give him the phone, Gisele Leidna Melendez."

"Alright," Gisele mumbled, passing the phone to Roger who looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. She mouthed 'my mom' and he grabbed it with hesitation.

"Hello?"

He smirked at the girl and Gisele rubbed her forehead, wondering what her mother was saying. He looked at the girl while licking his lips. Gisele crossed her arms, looking up at him as her hair ran over her face.

"Yes, I will, Ellie. Soon. Ok, bye bye."

He gave the phone back to Gisele, staying by her. He came behind her, leaning close to her face to listen to what her mom was saying as he laid his chin on her shoulder.

"Well I'll let you go," her mom coughed even more and after a few harsh breaths, she continued talking, "Call me when you have time okay?"

"Okay, momma," her voice cracked the slightest and she cleared her throat to listen to what she was saying. "I'm gonna keep making you proud."

"That impossible," Ellie chuckled. "You're already making me proud enough."

"Alright, momma. I'll talk to you later. Bye. Love you more."

"Love you mostest."

That was how it was on most occasions and Gisele would spend a short amount of time on the phone, enjoying her mom before she got weaker and even more sick. The band knew and didn't mind, of course, knowing how much her mother's death would have a major effect on Gisele. Her siblings even got to talk to her and spoke their minds out before mentioning their worry for their mom. They had only mentioned that they were to do something soon.

It was unexpected when it did happen. Gisele just had a feeling in her gut something was off that day. When the band performed and left to a nearby restaurant, she went outside to call her mom and Roger followed as her mom usually talked to him all the time and he was always there in case Gisele received bad news.

"Hey momma!" Gisele said with the same excitement as the other times, ready to tell her mother all about the touring.

"Gisele..." She heard and her smile disappeared from her face when she recognized the voice as Mary's and not her mom's.

"Hey. Is my mom okay?" Gisele asked, looking at Roger before glancing away. Roger looked over at Freddie who was coming out to check up on Gisele. He immediately headed towards them, standing next to Roger who gulped at the intense silence.

"Gisele," Mary sighed out. "Your mother died today in the morning. She-her last words were to live your dream and to rock on. She wanted you to know how much she loved you and how much you make her proud."

"She can't be gone," Gisele mumbled, twara falling off her eyes as she sobbed. "I was going to sing her the song that Freddie wrote. She was the love of my life. She was my best friend. She was my mom. I should've been there by her side."

"Gigi," Mary started, her heart aching with pain for the girl, "your mom knew you were busy. She wanted you to achieve your dreams."

"I'll be there when this is all over, Mary. Thank you for being there for her. Thank you."

"You're welcome Gigi."

They exchanged goodbyes and the girl turned around to come face to face with the band, who have all had conversations with Gisele's mom.

"She's gone," she mumbled. "She's gone for real this time and I wasn't even there by her side."

"Come here, angel."

She immediately jogged towards Roger. He hugged her immediately, arms wrapping around her waist as she cried on his shoulder, and he rubbed her back, carrying her into the bus.

"Hey, let it all out. I'm here."

He kissed her forehead as she cried even more and he laid her on top of him as he grabbed a blanket, covering them up.

"I'm here, angel."

He was saddened by the fact he never got to meet Gisele's mom. He was sad, really. The woman got to talk to him and give him advice and she even got to give him her approval to dating his little girl.

"I already miss her, Rog."

"I know you do, my angel. I know you do and I'm here for you and I'm going to help you with anything you need."