Chapter 13 - Caught A Case

Cole walked over to Izzy with a relaxed posture, non-tense eyebrows, and a sparkly smile. This time his steps weren't as wide and his hands didn't bother to sweep his hair back to its place.

"Izzy, I caught a case!" Excitement vastly grew into Izzy's eyes. Her face became enjoyed and lots of whimsical wonder-filled within her. Cole took note of her being intrigued and it lingered in his mind.

"What kind and what is it?" She said raising a brow with curiosity. The blue-eyed boy looked closely at Izzy's outfit. It was very color coordinated and she wasn't wearing anything baggy. Very out of the ordinary. She wore a tight tan-whitish top that hugged her small waist and tight black leggings that stuck onto her short legs. 

Cole knew this outfit wasn't usual for Izzy. He wondered if she was going out for a special dinner or a job interview maybe. Though he couldn't possibly think that she may be going out on a date.

"It's a substance abuse case, it's in our school." The small girl's face dropped. She felt all of her positive energy was wasted. She couldn't but roll her dark pearls out of spite. She crossed her arms and stared at him closely.

"What the hell. That was so anticlimactic." She spoke in a dead disinterested voice.

"It'll be easier to access information here anyway. We just need to listen to the rumors and check them out."

"What information do you have on this case? Who is involved, where did you hear this information, and is your source reliable?"

"Why do you think I said to check out this case."

She groaned with annoyance. Events and people never went her way. "I thought you were Cole the almighty high school detective making it big time and a news celebrity." Saying her whole sentence mockingly.

"I am, thank you very much. I just moved here I'm going to take on a small case then move upwards. If you just moved and you really have no idea how to adapt to the environment would you start off work with a huge case?" Cole put his large hands onto his small hips staring down for an answer.

"Fine. What do you want me to do?" She obnoxiously said and mocked Cole playfully.

"What are you good at?"

"Everything." She boasted with a large grin.

"You can fish for rumors from the gossipy girls in this school. I'll try to sneak around the teachers' lounge and see if they know anything." Izzy tightened her ponytail ready for action and nodded agreeing with his statement.

"After the day ends let's head to your place and gather our information." Cole nodded and felt Izzy's dominant personality come out. Her control of the situation was well done. Even she made him felt small.

"Cole, let's go!" She exclaimed jumping around in a happy mood. All of her body seemed to be pretty upbeat. Cole seems to see something new about Izzy every single day.

"Yeah!" He chuckled lightly at her accidental cuteness.

They rode in his expensive Lamborghini and many awed how Izzy was one of the only people who were allowed to go and ride in his car. The girls snickered behind her back and many whispered erupted.

"You are used to the comments and the whispering, right?" Curiosity spoke in his voice. He took a quick look at Izzy and she rested her head onto her small hand looking out of the window breathing in the fresh air. His eyes then returned to the road.

"Yeah, it used to bother me but it doesn't matter to me anymore." She smiled lightly giving her full attention to the boy. Her mood was boosted wonderfully.