Part 3: Blood ~ Chapter 18

Zoey snapped back into consciousness. Tired and confused, she looked around the dimly lit room she was in.

I'm all alone.

There was a beep from the machine next to her and she turned to look. The display emitted a red light, enabling her to make out a couple of bags dangling above it. The tubes connected to them went through the machine and into her hand. She stirred underneath the blanket and smiled.

No restraints. She sighed in relief and closed her eye, too tired to keep it open. Things will be alright.

There was another beep, but Zoey ignored it. She drifted back to sleep.

When she woke yet again, her mind was less foggy. She shifted in the bed as she looked around—she was still alone.

Beep.

She scrutinised the machine. In the gloom, the display's red light appeared extra bright and it took her a moment to focus and for the blur to sharpen.

[E9]

Zoey struggled to sit upright, the various tubes going into her not making it any easier. She blinked a few times.

E9? What does that mean?

Beep.

The corner of her mouth twitched. Error? Error code 9? Is that why it's beeping?

She checked the IV line in the red light of the display.

I think it stopped. Is that why I woke up?

The machine on the other side of her was still whirring softly, pumping blood out of her left hand. She frowned as she scrutinised her arm in the gloom. There were scratches on her skin, but she couldn't quite make it out. Carefully, she raised her arms into the red light.

B O B B I

The blood drained from Zoey's face. The more she looked and turned her arms, the more letters she saw.

What the fuck is this? When did this happen?

Her fingers caressed the fading letters, some more visible than others.

Did Lucius do this? She couldn't think of anyone else calling her Bobbi and being sadistic enough to carve it into her skin. What have they been doing to me while I was asleep? What have they been allowing him to do to me?

The rage inside her was growing with every breath she took. She peeled off the tape on her right hand and carefully pulled out the IV with trembling fingers. She didn't care about the blood that seeped from the wound—though, it had already stopped by the time she finished freeing her other hand. The machine that had been draining her was now slowly sucking air into the tube instead.

Would that thing have sucked me dry if I had remained asleep?

She trembled, not wanting to think about it. Instead, she focussed on freeing herself. Repressing multiple gags, she pulled out the tube that went through her nose and down her throat. The catheter that disappeared into her diaper was the last thing she needed to get rid of. She ripped the diaper open and was relieved to find it clean. With extreme care, she extracted the catheter. Once free, she shuddered and dropped the tube and the diaper on the ground. 

Commando beats wearing a diaper, she thought with a grimace. She wanted to throw her legs over the side of the bed so she could step out but was instantly reminded of their absence. "Fuck," she whispered.

A pang of sadness went through her, but she pushed it aside and morphed it to anger.

This is all Lucius' fault.