Jingle Jangle

"Well, after that revelation, I think we should crank this party up a notch." Chuck said.

"What do you suggest?" Tom asked.

Reggie held up some jingle jangle. "Why, drugs, of course."

Only Betty, Jughead and Josie said no, so Reggie began to pass it out.

"You cannot take drugs." Sophia snatched the stick from Tom's hand.

"You are. Why can't I?" He asked, for once fighting back.

"Because I'm older than you, and you're not allowed," she said sternly.

"Soph, I get this is a protective matter but trust me, we've all done it before. It's perfectly safe. He'll be fine." Sweet Pea said.

Before she could respond, Tom snatched it back and poured the substance into his mouth.

"You'll be the death of me, Thomas Putnam." Sophia shook her head, downing hers too.

The drugs didn't take long until they took effect, and those who had taken jingle jangle were all dancing together in the lounge. Reggie and Chuck saw the Putnam siblings, who were laughing about nothing in the middle of the dance floor.

"So, how's your first time on jingle jangle?" Reggie asked them.

"It's so sick man." Tom guy-hugged him, slapping his back. "Isn't it, Soph?!"

"I mean, it's not cocaine but it's definitely doing something." Sophia agreed.

"Damn, Sophia." Chuck said. "You really are hardcore."

A little while later, Sophia went upstairs to find a bathroom. She saw Cheryl outside a door.

"Hey." She made Cheryl jump.

"Soph! Sh!" Cheryl said, and pressed her ear closer to the door.

"Who's in there?" Sophia whispered.

"Varchie. They've been arguing for like, ten minutes at least." Cheryl said.

"I'm sure V will update us. Let's leave them to it. Where's the bathroom?" Sophia asked.

"I'll show you." Cheryl sighed, leaving the door.

Throughout the night, as Sophia danced around with everyone, she (and pretty much everyone else) noticed how Veronica and Archie were further away from each other. Archie tended to stay with the boys and Veronica was mostly with Josie.

Once everyone was all danced out, the alcohol ran low and the jingle jangle began to wear off, people started to leave.

"Great party, man." Tom hugged Chuck.

"Yeah, it was amazing. Thank you, Chuck." Sophia hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks for coming. You guys really know how to party," he said.

"Tom, Soph." Sweet Pea came over. "I'll walk you guys back."

"Okay, thanks, Sweets." Sophia smiled.

"Thanks for inviting us, Chuck." Sweet Pea said.

"Means a lot that you came." Chuck replied with a smile, and they shook hands.

As the three of them walked to the Putnam's house, Sophia texted Veronica.

Soph😈 : you okay?
Ronnie👸🏻 : yeah. why do you ask?
Soph😈 : well earlier you said you and arch were strained. and tonight cheryl overheard you guys fighting
Ronnie👸🏻 : i just don't know whats going on with us atm. we're usually fine. we're varchie. we're endgame
Soph😈 : all will be well, ms lodge. i know it x
Ronnie👸🏻 : thanks soph x im home now so im gonna just get into bed and try sleep. goodnight xxx
Soph😈 : goodnight v. sleep well xxx

When they got outside the door, she turned to Sweet Pea.

"You can stay here tonight. I don't want you walking back on your own." Sophia said.

"I'd be fine, Soph," he assured her.

"I don't care. We all got fucked tonight and you shouldn't walk on your own. You're staying," she stated.

"Honestly, she won't let it go." Tom said. "You may as well just accept it now."

"Fine." Sweet Pea agreed. "Thank you."

Sophia nodded, turning the key in the lock. Tom said goodnight, going straight up to bed while Sophia and Sweet Pea got some water and took it up to her bedroom.

"Welcome to my room." She closed the door. "En suite's over there if you need it. Make yourself at home."

"Again, thanks, Soph." Sweet Pea said. "Have you got some pillows and a blanket? I'll make a bed on the floor."

"Don't be daft, Pea, I have a double bed. We slept on a sofa together, we'll fit on the bed way better." Sophia said.

She took off her party outfit, changing into a button down night shirt. Sweet Pea took off his shoes and socks, jacket, jeans and then shirt.

"Is this okay?" He asked.

"Of course." Sophia nodded. She pulled back the duvet and climbed into bed, Sweet Pea following her. "I think Archie and Veronica might break up," she admitted.

"Maybe they need you between them. Jughead and Betty seem closer than ever." Sweet Pea said.

Sophia chuckled, resting her head on his chest. "I doubt it. I feel like unlike Betty, Veronica would be way more jealous and would not be for that."

"Would you?"

"They're both very attractive."

"Fair enough."

"Man, that jingle jangle is weird."

"Yeah, it's so mad. Apparently if you take enough, you'll be awake for days."

"Pfft, don't wanna do that. I need my beauty sleep."

"Me too." Pea said. "Shall we go to sleep?"

"Mhm." Sophia nodded, getting comfy against him. "Night, Sweet Pea."

"Night, Sophia," he replied, wrapping his arms around her.