5 ... art

⚠︎︎
please understand that i DO NOT own rights to this painting AT ALL. credits to the talented artist who
did this. their signature is at the bottom left of the
painting. i'm just using this as an example.
⚠︎

❝ 𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗼 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗮 𝗩𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗶 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁
𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁. 𝘆𝗼𝘂. ❞

my bestfriend's
boyfriend
5

The 4th-period bell rang and students began crowding into their classes. Some took their usual seats while others snuck to the seats next to their friends. I sat in my normal spot, all the way in the back next to a big glass window where I could have a nice view of the large front lawn.

Art is one of my favorite subjects, probably my top favorite. I've drawing ever since I was young. It's probably the one thing I don't hate myself for. I'm good at it if I say so myself.

Growing up, my mom wanted to put me in a bunch of art classes but I refused. It's not like I didn't want to go. I've always convinced myself that I wasn't that good and joining classes was way too big of a deal.

Mrs. Cee was one of the best art teachers I knew. She's an inspiration. She has been in tv interviews, meetings, and has even met some famous artists.

She even got an opportunity to be the new art teacher at NYU, but she passed it up.

Although it was a great opportunity, she just couldn't leave her family. Which is understandable if you're very close to them. Her whole life was here.

But if I had gotten the opportunity to leave this shit show... I'd be on the first flight to NYU right away.

As I doodled in my random doodle book, a presence beside me snapped me from my train of thought. Lifting my gaze, I saw Brett. He saluted me with a usual smile before chuckling at my reaction to his presence. What's he doing here?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because he's in this class?

Wow. The bar had gone that low that even my thoughts are sarcastic. "Hey Belle," He greeted, sitting beside me. "Hi," I mumbled.

"I make you nervous?" He questioned making me shoot my head up from the wooden table to look at him in confusion. "What?" He chuckled.

"I'm kidding, but I like that I make you blush."

I brushed his comment off as Mrs. Cee entered the classroom. My eyes followed to the giant canvas she carried in her hands in curiosity.

Whenever Mrs. Cee brought something in to show the class, I knew it would be a great day.

"Afternoon everyone," she greeted the class.

Everyone murmured it back lazily.

"I know you're tired, we all are. Tomorrow's Friday, so be happy. But for now, I've got an exciting assignment for you to do today. You'll love it."

"I've never seen a teacher so excited to be at school before," Brett whispered in my ear making me chuckle unexpectedly.

Mrs. Cee grabbed the large canvas and set it up against her canvas stool, turning it around. As she revealed, I softly gasped at the beautiful painting.

"Wow," I muttered underneath my breath
as I eyed every detail on the painting.

"Last night, my daughter and I, who is in this painting, came up with a new family game." She brushed the painting with her fingers tips lightly.