Chapter 8

Waiting impatiently for the Repackaged album! 'Love Shot' sounds exciting. Let's hope for OT9.

A/N: Do you like where the story is going?
If you like this chapter then do consider clicking that little star up there! Thanks!

-------------------

It seemed like Chanyeol and Baekhyun's friendship was officially over. It was a rare sight in the past few weeks to see the two of them together. Any interaction between them was nonexistent. They didn't sit together at meals or in classes. They would be at corners of the common room every evening.  Each seemed to be giving the other as much space as possible. Which basically meant that our life was peaceful without any pranks, because they're both devils when they're together.

Even someone like me, who was sick of them all the time, felt bad for them. Since they were popular, everyone including the teachers noticed this distance. But most of all, I felt bad for Junmyun. The poor boy didn't know where to go. It was unfair to drag him in the row and forcing him to take sides. But then, who am I to interfere?

However, as fate would have it, I got caught up in it nonetheless.

The next free weekend fell on the somewhere mid of November and the students were up from early morning either for a date or a get-together. Same was the case with Yumi who was pretty excited but I decided to skip this golden opportunity. The memory of the last trip was still fresh in my mind and I didn't want to be showered with mud again. I told Yumi that much and she nodded silently. She was probably happy too that I wouldn't be the third wheel this time between her and Andrew. I totally understand it.

After breakfast, seeing off the couple, I made my way to the library to complete my history essay that I had been postponing for a week. I know I'm incredibly lame to study on a holiday. The minute I set to work, I sighed in annoyance. I had forgotten my History textbook in the common room.

Why do I bloody have to live so far from the library? My legs were burning and tiny beads of sweat were forming on my forehead as I trekked over the flight of stairs. Chanyeol appeared at the end of the corridor and he grinned as soon as he saw me.

"Mirae." He greeted me. "Why aren't you outside?" He added as he neared me.

I crossed my arms against my chest. "I could ask you the same thing."

"True."

To my irritation, he started to follow me to the common room. I stayed quiet for some time and them opened my cursed mouth again, "Did you just happen to be going this way or are you-"

"Following you just to annoy you? No, dear, don't think that you're that special." He smirked. 

"That is a possibility."I scowled and replied shortly.

He continued the conversation. "I'm going to the common room to enjoy a relaxing Saturday. Which is what most people do when they are not hanging out. But knowing you, I think I'm not wrong to assume that you are not one those people, right?"

"Hmm..I'm just coming to grab my book."

"I should have known that you would even consume this time for studying." He said it like I was committing a sin. "Seriously do you even need to study? You're already on the top of every class."

I rolled my eyes. "Some of us have to make some effort to stay there." I retorted and cringed inwardly almost instantly. Did I just compliment him? And imply that I was jealous of him and his grades?  As if he needs any help in inflating that ego. My stupid conscious made me add; " Besides you beat me sometimes."

Instead of replying he stopped abruptly outside the common room, "See, we can get along."

I blinked a few times before realizing what he was actually saying. Well, I was talking decently with him which believe it or not, is something that hasn't happened in the last few years since we met. A smile crept on my face. "Yeah, whatever." I entered the common room, found my book, and jumped out to find him just where I had left him.