Chapter 7

[Daniel]

I sent my final email of the day, finally looking up at the clock and taking a deep breath. I noticed the clock ticking slowly towards 7pm, I wondered if Kai would still be at the bar, no harm in checking. I grabbed my bag and coat and made my way out of the building.

I walked out onto the street looking around at how dark it had already gotten, I looked over at the warm inviting bar window across the street. I made my way across the road, stopping every so often to avoid the traffic.

I'd been working In London for about five years now and this bar was one of my favourites to visit, I just hoped that Kai had stuck around. I felt a little weird hoping for something like that, but I really wanted to get to know him on a less professional level.

I made my way into the bar and stood waiting as the bartender who'd served me for the last 5 years got my drink ready. He placed it in front of me and held out the card reader, I tapped my card against the contactless area and said my thanks.

I turned to look around the bar, scouting for Kai, though I couldn't see him anywhere. I continued to look around, noticing a few people checking me out as well.

He'd already left, I sat down at the bar and sipped at my drink. I looked down into my drink and stirred it mindlessly. Jonah, the bartender, came and stood in front of me offering me a small smile. "What's up dude? Why the long face?" He asked. "I was looking for somebody but they've already left" I sighed. He gave me a cheeky smile "Is this somebody you like?" He chuckled. I nodded slowly.

"Go find him then, if he's home take him a Chinese or something, don't sit here depressing my bar" he said with a grin. I looked up at Jonah with shock and realisation in my eyes, it was perfect. Kai had only just moved in, I could go see his new place and take him some Chinese food.

I smiled up at Jonah "You're a genius!" I shouted as I finished off my drink and power walked out of the bar. I made my way to the closest corner store and grabbed some beers and then made my way to the Chinese and ordered a boat load of food. I left the Chinese and made my way to Kai's new flat.

I arrived at his building and looked up before making my way inside. A huge stupid grin was plastered on my face as I stood in the lift on it's way up to Kai's floor. Once I'd arrived I made my way out of the lift and to Kai's flat door. I took a deep breath to calm myself and knocked on the door.

I heard a few rumblings from inside the flat before I saw Kai sheepishly open the door. "Oh god, Daniel what're you doing here?" He said with only his face showing through the crack in the door. I raised an eyebrow at him and pushed the door open. "I couldn't find you in the bar so I thought I'd bring some beers and food" I said noticing his shit half undone, the plump redness of his lips and the unusual messiness of his hair. "You have somebody round?" I said with a small sigh.

He nodded slowly, "Sorry Daniel, I'll see you at work" he said before slowly pushing the door closed. I placed my foot in the way "wait, is it somebody from the bar?" I asked my eyes going wide. If it was that Noah I was going to lose my shit, he'd slept with as many people as he could in that bar and I wasn't about to let Kai join that sordid club.

I forced my way in the flat when Kai failed to answer my question. I made my way over to the bedroom, dropping the food and beers on the counter on my way, a stern look on my face. I looked down to see Noah laying on Kai's bed. "Get the fuck out" I shouted. Kai ran over to us, "Daniel! What the fuck!" He yelled. "Kai, this dirtbag has slept with somebody from that bar every night for the last 2 months, I'm not letting you join them by sleeping with this whore" I said calmly.

Noah sat up about to defend himself, I held my hand up to his face, "I said get the fuck out Noah" I yelled again, spit flying in his direction. Kai looked over at me, biting at his bottom lip before sighing and looking at Noah "Please leave Noah" he muttered. Noah looked between up before grabbing his stuff, "well fuck you both then, have fun" he spat angrily as he stormed his way out of the flat. The door slammed slut.

I looked over at Kai who had a stunned expression on his face, "I'm sorry Kai, I couldn't let you ruin your life like that, who knows what STD's he has" I ran my fingers through my hair. Kai sighed and walked over to me, "Thanks Dan, I'm glad you came by" he whispered, my eyes started to trail from his face down to his uncovered body before coming back to his eyes and lips.

I stared at his face for what felt like ages. He stared back, I felt his eyes wander my whole body. He tiptoed and leant towards me, his eyes closing as he placed his lips against mine. I stood still, stunned that he'd made a move. The shock subsided and I started to kiss back, our lips coming together softly.

He pulled back, lust showing in his eyes. I breathed slowly trying to control myself. We stood there for what felt like ages before I leant down smashing our lips together, pushing him down onto the bed and climbing on top.