Clove

I lean over Katniss, finally letting myself cut into her flesh for what she's done. She's not only a threat. I can see the way Clato looks at her, talks about her. Even if she is the enemy. He respects her, maybe even likes her, and I'm tired of it. I'm ready for Miss Braids to die, and for Cato to focus on killing Thresh and waiting patiently for Peeta to die off. Hopefully some of the waiting time will be given to me.

My knife cuts into her, and I'm ready to push deeper, when suddenly there are hands on my back, pulling me away. Big hands. Thresh's hands. Suddenly I feel death approaching. Something I haven't worried about this whole time. His hands are around my throat, lifting me in the air, and I call out to Cato, even though I know he's too far away to hear.

I squirm, hearing him shout about Rue. The other girl from his district. Something about me doing the same thing to her as I was planning to do to Katniss. He's crazy. I wouldn't do that to a little girl, a simple one shot to the head would be enough. I'm not a total monster.

But my no isn't enough, and I see Thresh pick up a rock. I scream, but it's not like District Twelve is going to help me, she's needs her backpack, and she needs to get out. Besides I was just about to kill her.

I have no hope.

Thresh screams at me, but he's cutting off my oxygen so all I hear is a buzz. Then the rock flies towards my face and I'm thrown into empty blackness.

Cato is on a different planet than me. The planet of the living. 

I am dying and I hear him shouting my name, but I also feel the pull of another voice. I voice I've never known, but know all the same.

It's my mother's. She died when I was young, in some kind of incident that my father refused to talk about. And now she's here, waiting for me. I feel tears on my eyes as I feel warm arms embrace me. The arms I always wished for but never had.