Creative Minds Needed!

So...
I need a plot for a short film.
In a rush I made this up.

A teenage girl wakes up. She looks at the clock on her wall, it is 8.30, she's late. She sees that the window is open and is initially confused, so she closes it, gets up and ready before getting into her car and driving off.
Everything is fine until suddenly someone runs out in front of her car, she breaks suddenly and looks to see that the person on the road was herself.
It cuts to the same girl sitting outside her own house, she gets up and tries to unlock the door which is locked. So she climbs in through her bedroom window seeing the time as 8.30 on the clock, she immediately leaves and sees the window close behind her.
She runs out on the road in search of someone to call, then she sees someone at the other side of the road and runs across it before a car breaks just behind her. She turns around to see that the person in the driver's seat is herself.

That's my idea, and I'm trying to expand.
I'm trying to get a reason why there would be two of the same people, and I don't want it to be just a dream or a secret twin or something. I'm just a bit stuck!

I have other ideas about the fact that the main character who nearly gets run over is a memory; and that she is just visualising herself. However I'm still not convinced how that could work.

I don't really want to go down the route of drugs, because that's what a lot of people in my class are doing.

Any ideas?