Chapter 11 :Utanai Clan

"You don't know what a tailed-beast is? They played a big part in the last war," Gaara panicked unsure how to explain Shukaku without freaking her out.

Mizu smiled awkwardly, "I wasn't on this content when the war was going on. I was in the land of snow where a small break out was happening."

Gaara shifted his feet, "You've never heard of them at all before?"

"I normally don't get to stay in towns very long because of Shikkan, so I lack a lot of info of what's going on in most societies."

Well, the tailed beasts where pretty much keep a secret up until now, so it's possible she's never heard of them.

Gaara took a deep breath, "I don't really know what Shikkan would take form as, but Shukaku is a giant one tailed tanuki. He's sealed inside me."

Mizu blinked and opened her mouth slightly, she didn't say anything.

"Mizu?"

"Ah, sorry I was trying to process how ridiculous that sounds." she gave him a half smile.

"I don't want to hear that from you!"

Mizu laughed. "How did you end up with Shukaku inside you?"

Gaara hesitated and looked away, "He was sealed inside me two years ago when a ninjutsu made him go crazy."

I don't want to tell her that my father put him in me first when I was a child.

"And you willing took him in?"

"We'd... come to terms with one another before he lost it." Gaara felt uncomfortable, he hoped she wouldn't ask any more. He didn't want her to pity him.

"I see... Thank you by the way, for defending me."

Gaara finally looked up and took a step towards the door. The smile she was giving him softened her eyes and made his stomach turn over. "Y-you're not completely cleared of suspicion yet."

"I know, but I still wanted to say thank you." She tilted her head slightly; a piece of hair fell from behind her ear in front of her eyes. Gaara back up fighting the urge to reach out and brush her hair back. What is wrong with me!

"R-right, prepare a bag in advance so we can leave whenever the clan passes by." Gaara quickly exited the room and hurried outside, stopping he gripped the front of his shirt as his breaths came in short bursts. What's wrong with me? Sakura said I might like her, but what does that mean exactly? In what way? I didn't have fun on the date, so it couldn't be romantically right?

***

"Temari, I don't think this many ninjas is necessary."

Temari put her hands on her hips, "We don't know anything about this clan. I am not taking any chances."

Kankuro hung back with Mizu while he waited for his siblings to finish their argument. Sakura walked out of the hospital trailed by Naruto.

"What's going on, are you two fighting again?" Sakura readjusted her medical bag.

Kankuro laughed nervously. "I wouldn't really say their fighting, so much as Gaara's getting yelled at. Getting Gaara mad enough to blow up his house wasn't enough for you?"

Temari blushed and looked at the ground feeling guilty; Gaara sighed and glanced back at Mizu. Yoki stood closed to Mizu and leaned in next to her whispering something. Gaara quickly turned away from her when she looked up at him and smiled.