Freddie Andalaft Shares Important Scuba Diving Safety Rules

Freddie Andalaft has been a certified scuba diver and underwater photographer since 1982 and for more than 35 years, he has enjoyed the ability to explore beautiful underwater landscapes. However, he also understands that safety is paramount when exploring underwater. According to Freddie Andalaft, adhering to basic underwater diving safety can be the difference between a memorable experience seeing a new and beautiful ocean world or serious and sometimes fatal injury and shares the following scuba diving safety rules.

 According to Freddie Andalaft, adhering to basic underwater diving safety can be the difference between a memorable experience seeing a new and beautiful ocean world or serious and sometimes fatal injury and shares the following scuba diving safe...

Always dive within your limits: Under no circumstances should anyone dive beyond their limit.

Plan the dive and dive the plan: Planning your dive before you enter the water is essential when it comes to scuba safety.

Check your gauges regularly: Even though it sounds like common sense, many scuba diving accidents occur due to a distracted diver focused on other things.

Check (and recheck) your diving equipment: Always check your equipment before you begin a dive to make sure that everything has been maintained and serviced properly.

In addition to the above, Freddie Andalaftn cautions that divers must make sure they are ready to venture underwater. If you are feeling unprepared, never attempt to dive. Not only do you put yourself at risk of serious injury, an unprepared diver risks the safety of the diving group.