Chapter 2

Cordilia's room is very large. But she manage to find a note book and a pen.

She quickly wrote a story she thought on her head. It was a story of a mother's love to her children and family. After its done, she grabbed some out papers and began making the basic flower origami and kirigami to paste in the notebook  with ribbons to act as a cover. She also grabbed lots of colored pens and began on lettering the the tittle inside the book, drawing some flowers and hearts in there. She nodded to herself before she hid it in the drawer when a knock could be heard from the door.

"Miss, let us dress you" the maids, in a typical French maid outfit, said in union

"I want to wash myself first. You guys can pick my clothes, I'll dress up on my own. Thank you" Cordilia said, the maid looked at each other and bow as Cordilia entered the bathroom.

In her past life, Cordilia always spoke with a flat or expressionless tone. One of the reasons why she is so hard to approach. It's an automatic reaction for Cordilia when she is in front of many people, even in front of her parents, some even say that her face has been paralysed to look like that, but when she's by herself or reading a book, her emotions would be written all over her face. At least, that's what her friends told her. That is why, when there is a small stage play in the classroom, Cordilia would always get the villain role, it's probably because Cordilia has a cold disposition and could pull it off quite nicely than acts as a white lotus.

And so, Cordilia had expected such reaction from the maids who is so used to seeing a cheerful and adorably spoiled girl to be so... Flat and bored, she looks like she'd topple off and sleep.

Cordilia came out of her room in a bathrobe and walked over to the bed where her clothes are laid down. Picking it up, she put the white long sleeve dress on, a pair of red sandals, and tied a red ribbon around her neck before she brushed her short hair. She missed her long hair. Cordilia spotted a red earing from the jewelry box, it has a large Ruby tear shape gem on it, Cordilia put only one on and did not bother to place any hairpins on her head, keep it simple and none eye catching.

She picked up the book and walked towards the ballroom where a party should be held. Cordilia's parents are also Duke and Dutchess so there would be a party.

It was already starting and everyone is giving their regards and the unsaid 'who's gift is better' challenge, or more like a tradition, had began. Cordilia walked over and sat on her supposed seat. Her mother smiled.

"Cordilia, you were late, I was so worried about you. My daughter, you look lovely, smile" Vivian, Cordilia's mother, smiled although warmth and concern could be seen in her vibrant cherry red eyes, searching at her daughter's eyes before sighing and put a smile as she patted her child's her before turning her attention on the people presenting her the gifts.

Cordilia spotted all the captured targets. She could only close her eyes and smirked. Typical. Heroine gets it all, even all handsome guys, its probably why females became cannon fodders out of jealousy, its really unfair. No, I must not lose my sight on my goal to live a peaceful life. I have 10 years before the official story would start. I can do this. I need to build a cold and unapproachable yet tolerable reputation, that way, I can secure my safe and peaceful life.

"My child, what get for mommy?" Vivian asked, smiling widely and excitedly. She like her son's presents, exquisite jewelries but she is curious what her daughter got for her. A mother can hope after all.

"This is a gift from Cordilia to mommy. Cordilia thought hard and worked for it. I hope mommy will like it" Cordilia handed the small book that only has 15 pages on it.

"Awww~thank you darling, mommy can feel the love you poured on making this. I love it very much" Vivian smiled and kissed Cordilia's forehead, Cordilia smiled and hummed as she closed her eyes, savouring the warmth and looking spoiled at the same time.

"Oh wow. Who taught you how to make this, sweetheart. The story is very heart warming and interesting" Vivian's voice, one could hear the happiness, touched, love, curiosity, and of course, praise.

What can a little girl do? But if the gentlemen and madams thought to themselves, it would be nice to receive such gift from their own children made by their own hands. It's worth more than gold to them, of course these thoughts excluded the ones who only eyes power.

"I used dictionary from the library, I have been spending time piecing it together just for mommy" Cordilia said smoothly and then yawned

"And Cordilia is very tired but happy mommy loved the gift" Cordilia said with the trace of gloating in her voice. One can really hear the unsaid 'I win'

Cordilia was sent to her room for her to rest early. But who knew she would hurriedly go to the library and get a dictionary and sneak back into her room undetected. She quickly wrote down the words she used in a piece of parchment, making sure to make it messy so she used her left hand to write. She also placed ribbons and papers as book marks before she hurriedly changed her clothes and, with a lot of difficulty, climb to her bed and curled under the cover, burying herself and stayed still and relax, she can hear the door opening and two sets of footsteps entered.

Cordilia could hear the footsteps making it way on her study table and the sound of pages being flipped could be heard. Cordilia shifted and felt someone brushing her hair.

"Mommy loves you very much dear. I'll do anything for you. Good night"

'Really? Then what happens when the real Cordilia got false framed and banished? You knew that she was framed yet you did not do anything. You did not even came to see her off one last time' Cordilia thought bitterly