30 "I guess. I'm keen on bad boys"

It took us a long time to clean up this mess. In the meantime Hermione came to us and she helped us a lot. I was grateful for what she did for me and my grandchildren.

I didn't know who broke into my house. I could only suspect that it was Edgar, but I didn't have any evidence. Everything in my life got complicated, and I slowly didn't see how to deal with it.

"Four o'clock in the morning" Betty looked at her watch on her wrist. "We cleaned the house for four hours," she added, and I sighed quietly.

"It's still a good time" I stood in the middle of the living room, put my hands on my hips and looked around the house. "I don't know exactly what to start in the morning: from repairing the door, inserting new windows, or from the looks of prying neighbors," I added, and tears appeared in my eyes.

"You have a terrible sense of humor, Alice," Hermione said and she approached me.

"I know" I shrugged and looked at FP who had fallen asleep on the sofa. This view melted my heart. "Thank you for your help, Hermione, there's no need for you to be here with us. We'll do it," I added with a smile.

"Are you sure, Alice?" Hermione came up to me and hugged me.

"I'm sure," I nodded and also hugged her.

"If something happened, call me," I nodded, and when Hermione left my house, I went into the kitchen to put water for coffee.

Jughead and Betty slept in the chair, so I covered them with a blanket. Then I looked at FP who was sleeping on the sofa and I also covered him.

I made a cup of coffee and went to the kitchen window. I noticed Edgar, who was getting out of the car. I didn't know what tempted me, but I ran out of the house and approached him.

"Are you having fun?" I asked loudly and he looked at me in surprise.

"It's five in the morning, Alice." Speak more quietly, people are asleep, "he replied, and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't care. Everyone should know what you're doing," I pointed to him. I was convinced that he was behind the burglary.

"What is going on?"

"You broke into my house at night and left me a threatening letter. How dare you ?!"

"What the hell are you talking about ?!"

"Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about!" I growled loudly and walked closer to him. I looked into his eyes and clenched my hands into fists.

"I really don't know what you mean, I wasn't here yesterday, I just came home now"

What? If Edgar wasn't here, who could break into my house? Maybe somebody from this farm?

"If it's not you, it's definitely someone from your ... Friends," I said, and he laughed. He shook his head and came closer to me. I moved away slightly for fear that he could do something to me again.

"Do you think if I wanted to intimidate you, I would have someone break into your house and leave you a threatening letter?" He snorted. "Don't be funny, Alice" raised his hand up and touched my cheek. I shuddered and moved my face away from him. "It's enough that I come to you, and you're scared of me. I don't need to break into your house" he shrugged, and I looked at him with disgust.

"I hate you" I hissed, tears appeared in my eyes. "I hope that our paths will be separated once and you will disappear from my life once and for all," I added, and he smiled.

"Our paths will never separate, my dear Alice," he answered mysteriously, and I looked at him in surprise.

"I will do anything to avoid you"