Chapter Twenty Four

"Three more weeks!" Tatiana sang, as I got into her car. I gave her a death glare, clutching my water bottle anxiously.

"Trust me; I know how many hours there are until the ceremony."

She just laughed and pulled out of the Laestrom's driveway, heading downtown. I took a small sip of my water bottle.

I'd put myself on a diet – not because I wasn't happy with the way I looked or anything – but because I had a dream about a month ago where I couldn't fit into my wedding dress and I had to walk down the aisle in one of my dinner dresses and everyone had been making fun of me. I woke up crying and in a cold sweat and I didn't tell Alex what the dream was about. He would have laughed too. So I'd only been drinking water (no more wine or champagne until the rehearsal dinner) and I'd only been eating small portions of meals and skipping snacking. I'd also started running with Tatiana, since she had a gym in her basement. We ran on treadmills four times a week, watching Pretty Little Liars episodes on the flat screen in her gym while we did so.

My phone chirped and I pulled it from my pocket and unlocked it. It was Becca, one of my bridesmaids. "Oh my god," I moaned, covering my face.

"What?" Tatiana asked.

"Lorie's dress isn't fitting her right," I managed to say. "Becca just texted me and said that it doesn't fit across her chest because her boobs are too small."

Tatiana chewed on her lip, her eyes still on the road. "Give me the phone," she said, holding her hand out. I handed my phone to her and she dialed out. "Hey," she said. "It's Tatiana. Yeah, put the measuring lady on the phone. I don't care, just do it." She said impatiently. "Hi, this is Tatiana, the maid of honor." She said. "Right, right." She paused, flicking on her blinker and making a right turn. I watched her intently, chewing on my lip. "No, I understand. I have a suggestion," she said. "I have the same dress, and my chest really isn't anything to rejoice about either." She laughed. "Exactly. But, my stylist over here actually found a trick. There's a small little hook on the inside, right where the bra line is in the back. If you take it and hook it onto the bra, it's actually going to get tighter." She was quiet for a few minutes. "Right. Great! Okay. Thank you so much!" She said, hanging up. "It's fixed. They didn't know about that loop," she shrugged. "Aren't I the best?"

I felt my throat open up and I took in a deep breath. "What would I do without you?" I asked her.

"You would probably be dead." Tatiana said, laughing. We pulled into the dress boutique parking lot and Tatiana turned to me. "Wait," she said. "I have something to tell you."

"What?" I asked.

"I'm dating Caleb," Tatiana said. "I have been ever since New Year's Eve," she said, breaking into a huge smile.

"I'm so happy for you!" I exclaimed, hugging her. She laughed.

"There's more," she said in a nervous voice.

"What?" I asked, my eyes shining excitedly.

"We're engaged." She said, biting her lip and looking at me with a worried expression.

"Oh my god!" I yelled out. I hugged her again and bounced in my seat excitedly. "That's awesome! I'm so excited for you guys! This is awesome!" I yelled.

"So you don't think it's a bad idea?" She asked me.

"No! Why would I?!" I exclaimed.

"Because we've only been dating for three months," Tatiana fretted. "I have a ring but we've decided to wait a while before we tell our parents. We don't want them to think we're jumping the gun."