Chapter 2: Masky, Hoodie, and Toby

The creature leads me through hallways in to a living space. Multiple unusual characters are gathered into the space. I stop, the pain in my shoulder sending another jolt. I grunt.

"This is stupid! Where's the first aid kit?" I ask. The creature turns around to look at me. I glare at it.

Meet everyone first, then we will fix your bullet wound. The voice orders. I huff, crossing my arms.

"What if I don't want to?" I challenge. It turns around.

A sudden change of position forces blood to my head. I feel myself hit the ground. I grunt when my wound hits the ground. I force my feet against to attacker's stomach. I force the attacker off me, standing.

"What the hell?! Now these people are attacking me! I definitely do not want to meet them now! Could you just kill me now?!" I ask, infuriated.

My hands are clenched into fists at my sides. I am on my toes, trying to get as close to this thing as possible. My face is twisted in pure anger. I feel a sense of fear flick through the air. It was quick but it was there. I groan and turn away from the creature. I run my hands through my hair, moving my shoulder. I growl, holding my shoulder.

I take a deep breath. I focus on the air around me, bringing down my rage level. I take another deep breath. I hear a figure approach. I twist around quickly, kicking them in the stomach.

"Shit! That's fucking hurt! What the fuck are you?!" The assailant asks. I glare at the ground away from the fallen assailant's figure.

"I don't know." I answer. I hold my arms. I spin on my heels. I look up at the creature. "Can you please just introduce me to the people?"

No, I have to do something. They will introduce themselves. The voice informs. My eyes widen.

"Hey! Don't leave me alone in a room full of people I don't know!" I shout.

You aren't alone. You have Masky and Hoodie, the gentleman you meant in the forest. He explain, dematerializing. I growl.

"Gentleman, my butt!" I yell. No response. I grunt, stomping my foot. I take a deep breath and turn to face my assailant.

He looks horrifying. His skin is as white as my hair, his hair as black as my soul. His hair is tangled and longish. His eyes are wide and electric blue. Dark circles around his eyes make it seem like he hasn't slept in weeks. Cuts in his cheeks stretch his face into an impossibly wide smile. He wears a bloody white sweater and holds a bloody knife.

I shake my head and look at the individual again. Not my imagination.

"Well, that's going to give me nightmares." I mumble. I look back at the assailant. The assailant starts laughing, everyone around me laughs with him.

"I think she was the first person to not scream!" The male shouts. I glare at him. I turn around to face 'Masky' and 'Hoodie'.

"So, which one is Masky and which one is Hoodie?" I ask. Neither of them are wearing their masks.

"I'm Masky, this is Hoodie." The one in orange greets. I nod in their direction.

"Greetings, I am (Y/N). It's a... pleasure to make your... aquatintace." I introduce. They shrug.

"Why so formal?" Masky asks. I roll my eyes, turning away.

"It's how I was raised, Mr. Masky." I explain. "Your name is really fun to say."

"Okay.." Masky trails off. I smile, a thought flashing through my mind.

"Hey... Masky? Hey, Masky. Hey, Masssky! Hey, Masky. Hey, Masky!" I excitedly taunt. A vein on his head looks like it's about to pop. "Hey.. Masky. Hey, Masky. Masky! Hey, Hey, Masky! Hey, Masky. Masky. Hey, Masky? Heyyyy, Masky!"

A voice joins in with my taunting. I look over.

This individual has brown hair poking out from underneath his blue hood. His hoodie is rust colored and his sleeves are striped. He wears big orange goggles and a gray mask over his mouth. I tilt my head. He twitches every few seconds along with cracking his neck.

"Hi?" I ask. He turns to look at me.

"Hi! I'm Ticci Toby but, you can call me Toby! What's your name?" He asks, extending his hand. I wave it away.

"(Y/N), my name is (Y/N). It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." I greet. He nods rapidly.

"What's up w-with your s-skin? Why is-s it blue?" He asks. I shyly look at the ground. I rub my arm.

"Well, I had a... mishap with some doctors and they... accidentally... froze my nerves. They turned blue and now I am more sensitive. Mostly to noise and emotions." I explain quietly. Toby bounces excitedly.

"That is s-so cool! Why is y-your h-hair white?" He asks. I blush.

"W-well, I have a skin condition. I have more white blood cells than the average person, causing my skin and hair to be white." I explain quietly.

"You a-are s-so awesome! C-can we b-be friends?" He asks. I blush again, looking away.

"U-uh, sure." I stutter. I feel arms wrap around me, picking me up off the ground. I squeal. "Put me down, put me down, put me down!"

I feel my feet collide with the ground. I sigh, leaning against Toby.

"What d-did I d-do? I am s-so sorry!" He apologizes. My eyes widen, pushing myself off him.

"N-no! You didn't do a-anything wrong! I'm just afraid of heights..." I mumble. Toby sighs in relief. "...And being picked up off the ground... And being touched..."

"O-oh, I'm s-sorry. I-i didn't know." He stutters nervously, looking away. I subconsciously rub my arm.

"I-it's fine. I didn't tell you..." I stutter nervously.

I feel an arm over my shoulder.