Chapter 55

Chapter 55

Bumaba na rin si Israel sa kotse, tipid lamang itong tinapunan ng tingin ni Triton.

"I can handle myself, I preferred a fake suicide instead of getting killed by your childish boyfriend."

"Very well, have a fake suicide then." Ngiting sagot ni Triton. Naningkit ang mata ko sa kanya na hindi man lang nito pinansin.

"I have to go, thank you for informing me. I promise to keep this a secret. You have my word, Euphie. And please, take good care of her."

"You don't need to mention it." Sagot sa kanya ni Triton.

Tumango lamang kami ni Israel sa isa't-isa bago kami nito iwan ni Triton.

"You,"

"Yes, me? Sweetheart." He answered innocently.

"I need a proper talk with him and you've ruined it. Idiot." Sa pagkakataong ito mga mata naman ni Triton ang naningkit.

He lowered his face and gave me a smack.

"You're never used to foul words before, where's my sweetheart?" malambing na tanong nito sa akin.

"And you're not too jealous before. Israel and I were friends. Bakit ba hindi ka mapalagay?"

"I'm not too jealous, sinundo lang kita. That's different." Katwiran nito.

"I don't know anymore, Triton. You're being childish." Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at sabay kaming humakbang sa motor niya.

Now my Triton's showing me his other side, nakita ko na ba siyang nag-motor noon? And this one was no ordinary.

"When are you going to contact the Sous L'eau?"

"Soon," tipid na sagot ko.

"And are you planning to stay for good?"

"Alam mo ang sagot ko sa tanong mo, Triton." Hindi na muli ito nagsalita at sumakay na kami sa kanyang motor.

And yes, after long years of being away from each other, finally we had our proper date.

**

I didn't contact the hummingbird to send further questions since we're already assured with our decision. Few days after our date, I sent the letter to the address given by the hummingbird informing them that we're all willing to be their official agent.

I was expecting that they'll ask for my immediate presence, but they called Triton and Ahmed's first. That didn't bother me, since I was quite busy with my clinic.

But Triton, my ex-boyfriend and now I think boyfriend again told me he's been asking the Sous L'eaus authority about their reasons for still hanging me out of the base.

Pero ako rin ang pumigil sa kanya na huwag nang kulitin ang mga ito. Hindi rin naman ako nagmamadaling pumasok, isa pa, marami akong pasyente.

But it's been two months, why taking so long Sous L'eau people?

I sighed. Ibinaba ko ang librong binabasa ko at hinarap ko si Triton na nakaupo sa aking couch.

"How's work? Paano ka nakaka-adjust? Are they aware already?"

"Probably," tipid na sagot ni Triton.

Well, what's good about the agencies? Yes, they're competitors in underworld. But they don't do attacks from each other. They were merely competing from the qualities of agents, their numbers of success missions, facilities and equipment.