A Lost Mate For The Alpha

I'm wake up to find myself in an unknown room, dim lights everywhere and the small window being the only source of what little light the moon could shine through. As cold as I am, I find myself warming up from something..... or someone. Then, I realized I wasn't the only one in the room, a tall and familiar figure standing in the corner. I can't see his face, but just from his stance I can almost tell who he is.

I wanted to speak, but my trapezius muscle aches and immediately sent shocks of pain throughout my body. So, I slowly sat up as with the use of one hand while the other rested over my locket..... Or at least where I thought it to be. The instant I felt only my bare chest was the same when my heartbeat started picking up.

It started racing when tall figure revealed himself as Saul. Saul Conwyn. The too familiar face I've seen more than enough of. However, what got to me were the small scars along his arms and face. As if he read my mind, he raised a hand and told me he was fine and that I should lay back down.

Yet, the questions of my dad were all I could hear in my head. So, without a first thought, I got up and began skimming the room the best I could for him. To my surprise, Saul held it in a bloodied rag.

But why the blood?

Then, a series of visions started playing through my head. Other familiar faces, places, and events. But the most mesmerized one that stuck was the creature- the ultimate dog that I remember him suddenly changing into somehow. One minute I saw us talking, then another of Mrs. Tali and his brother yelling, and the last vision was launching at me before turning into a well-known black wolf.

I stammered back until I hit a wall, suddenly using it as support. He was only a few feet away from me in hopes to catch me if I fell. I wouldn't, not to him. Not for him. He attacked me; Bit me and did God knows what else to me for me end up here. When he had me pinned he brought the necklace to my face, still in the rag, and gave it to me.

"This was what kept me from realizing. Your dad protected you from me. Kept me from you, my own mate. The one I've been lost without for so long."

Huh? "Mate?"

"Mate."