prologue

a girl, aged 20 is sitting in her room cladded with the heavely embroided red wedding lehenga given to her by her mother last night. she is trying to wear the red bangles the same shade as her lehenga, and she is lost in her thoughts. who exactly is the person she is getting married to? what will his name be? how will he look? will he love me? is he also ordered to marry like i am? i wish i was born a boy life wouldve been easier, atleast maybe i wouldve been given a chance to get my dream job, choose who to marry, work and most importantly wouldve gotten the love of my parents. but here am i getting forced to give up my dream job and marry someone i havent even met, meeting is too far, i havent even heard his name yet. and whats my fault that i am a girl. i wouldve ran if it wasnt for my dadi, my only supporter. im getting married to her bestfriends grandson and i cant disrespect her. i cant even face unknown men, how will i share my life with one. more importantly will i ever be able to forget my first love, my first crush and the only since then.

while on the other side. a boy, aged 22, is sitting in his car heading towards a wedding function, but the difference is its his marriage function. sitting next to his Dadi, looking the happiest he has seen her in a few years, the only reason he agreed to this wedding. it is her last wish, and there is no way he could say no to his beloved dadi, especially when she is dying of cancer. but who is she? he doesnt know. all he knows is that she is his dadis bestfriends grand daughter. he is lost in his thoughts, if it was the same me that i was in college i wouldnt have cared if she would love me, because then i only cared about myself, but now, i just dont want this marriage to be a sacrifice done for the family. will she be able to accept me, my life, and all the drawbacks that come with it. will she be able to accept my family, will she be comfortable with me. and most importantly will there ever be love?

the car stopped outside a big bunglow, though not bigger than his but still a very big one, decorated with light. though the event was meant for only the really close people of both the families but indicating the marriage. he, stepped out and started walking towards in the house, decorated beautifully, welcomed by rose petals he sat in the mandap, waiting to see who was he destined with.