Chapter 27

WARNING: SLIGHT VIOLENCE! THIS IS ALL FOR THE STORY SO IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE (or an easily triggered feminist), YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

October 27th 11:02 AM
                             (Jack)
    I woke up before (Y/n) again but I knew she would be down in the next few minutes. "What's up Jack?" Jeff asks while picking his teeth with his knife.
"Just thinking."
"About?"
"Everything. (Y/n), the prophecy, the war. What happens when that comes. You heard what slender said. No one knows what side she's fighting on."
"Why are you worrying dude? She's obviously gonna be fighting for us. We've grown close in the past month with her and she, for the most part, trusts us." I try to think about what Jeff says. He's kind of right.
My thoughts are interrupted by (Y/n) coming into the kitchen. She's dressed in the outfit that she put together yesterday.
"Good morning!" she says enthusiastically.
"'Sup." Jeff responds. I give a small wave. Slender pops into the kitchen as she begins to go through the fridge. "Child, eat quickly. You start training in at 11:30." She gives a nod and proceeds to look around the fridge. She closes the fridge, backs up, and browses the cereals.
She begins to jump and grab at the (F/C) box. Jeff laughs and then looks at me. "Help her out." he mouths. If I had eyes, I would roll them as I got up. I love her but I'm scared of what's going to happen once everything begins. What if I'm getting to attached? What side is she choosing? What's going to happen to her?

11:25 rolls around and she's getting ready to train. Our training area is one of two basements in the mansion but the one used for training is by far the coolest. (Y/n) walks into the training area while Slender stands with me in a sort of command deck that looks over the training room. It provides a decent view of the entire room but also allows anyone in there to be completely out of harms way.
We see (Y/n) walk into the room below and look around. "She looks lost." I say in a monotone voice.
"Give her a chance. I feel like there is something in her that she does not realize she possesses." (Y/n) takes after Jeff in the sense that they chose the same weapon. This is the first time we get to see what she can do and I feel like she can't do much if we're being honest so we put her against someone familiar. Lou walks out and (Y/n)'s face relaxes slightly. "Oh thank god it's you, Lou." she sighs.
"Don't get your hopes up. No one is friends in this room. You'll get stabbed in the back if you let your guard down. Literally."
(Y/n)'s face drops. Lou waits for the horn to start. Slender presses the button and Lou begins to move. (Y/n) freezes up and stays in the same spot for a second. Too long. Slender and I study the fight as it just becomes more of a chase. She drops the knife and begins to run as Lou chases her with a butcher knife. Only seconds later, Lou has (Y/n) pinned to the floor of the training room. She raises the butcher knife and brings it down, centimeters from
(Y/n)'s face.
"No offense," I start, "but when it comes to (Y/n), I don't think she could fight to save her life."
"Patience." Slender replies. "She needs to defeat Lou before she can move on."
"Lou is tough to beat though. It took me three tries. It'll take (Y/n) forever."
Lou looks up at the command deck and smiles menacingly. Once again, the fight begins.

Attempt number 31. Lou's eyes are half lidded out of boredom. (Y/n) has tried using her weapon but Lou is too highly trained to get even a scratch. The 31st match has begun and once again, Lou begins to charge at (Y/n).
(Y/n) doesn't move and instead stays in the same spot. She throws the knife on the ground and looks up at the deck. "I'm done!" she yells. Lou looks up, clearly confused. Slender presses the button that activates the intercom.
"Child, you must continue. Your efforts to defeat Lou seem to be absent entirely. Simply put; it doesn't seem like you're trying."
She turns her face. Lou looks back up at us and shrugs, her face bares a frown. Slender sighs and opens the doors to the exit.
"We'll try again some other time." he says.

6:10 PM
(Y/n) is eating next to me on the bed. She stabs angrily at the food on her plate. I begin to study her.
Maybe she just sucks. Or we kinda threw her in there expecting her to do something. Let survival instincts kick in or whatever. What if...
    "Hurry up and finish that. I'll be back in 30 minutes." I say and then quickly make my way to the training room. I know exactly how to set this up.

30 minutes later, I'm back in the room.
(Y/n) is already ready and looks at me with confusion. "So what's up?" she asks. I say nothing and grab her wrist, dragging her through the mansion.
We make it to the training room and she gives me an annoyed look. "What are we doing in here?"
"We are here to make you better. I'm sorry (Y/n) but you looked pathetic this morning. So, we're gonna make you...better." I tell her. She rolls her eyes and starts towards the door. Before she can reach it, I block the exit.
"Jack, I really don't want to do this right now." she complains.
"Well too bad. We're going to." I begin to walk towards her. With every step forward, she takes a step back. Make sure she is able to grab it. I had put my mask on before we left to try to intimidate her and by the looks of it, it was working. Fear was clearly displayed on her face. "Jack? What are you-"
"You know (Y/n)," I interrupt, "I've always wondered: what do your insides taste like?" She begins to look around frantically and I see her eyes flash toward the knife I had placed on the floor. "This is a soundproof room," I continue, "and you're in a house filled with serial killers. A little thump," I stomp my foot, "won't make anyone think twice." I move my hand towards my pocket and she watches me carefully. Her eyes fix on the scalpel I pull out. To give her a chance to go for the knife, I keep talking. I throw my hands up, "I mean, look at this place," I turn my back, "it's the perfect place to kill someone like you-"
She cuts off my sentence as I turn back around and I see the knife slide past my face. I feel myself smile. Her eyes are defensive and display anger. I give her 20% of my ability as I punch her stomach. She falls to the floor but recovers immediately.
I let my thoughts drift for a single second and her knife skins my arm. I grab the small wound and shake away the sting.
We fight for about five minutes before I overpower her. I pin her to the floor of the training room and drop my scalpel to use the knife against her. She tries desperately to push me off as I raise the knife. (Y/n)'s eyes begin to fill with tears as I wrap one hand around her neck, not enough to kill her, but enough to sell the act. I raise the knife and bring it down a little too close to her ear. In doing so, I cut the top of her earlobe slightly and a small amount of blood rushes out.
I begin to laugh and loosen my grip While simultaneously feeling bad. I stand myself up and chuckle into my hand. (Y/n) props herself up on her elbows and gasps for air. She goes for my scalpel and attempts to take a hit at my side. Still laughing, I grab her wrist and flip her. She lands on the floor pretty hard and she gives a pained moan.
"Don't forget who you're up against." I remind her.
"What was the point of that?" she asks, still winded and clutching her bleeding ear.
"To get you to try. It worked didn't it? You've got a long way to go but you'll get there. With everyone's help, I think you'd be good enough to defeat Slender." At this, her eyes twinkle.
"Really?" she smiles.
"No. No one can do that. But you will be really good." We laugh together and spend a few more hours training. Maybe she does have something in her.

End of chapter 27

OMG it's done. I'm back pitches. I'll try not to leave you guys like that again. I promised my buddy I'd have a chapter out this weekend so now she can't complain. I love you guys and thank you so much for ur support. As always, I'll see you in the next chapter💜💙🖤