twenty five

(Y/n)'s POV

Peter and I separated from the others and had some alone time. We talked, made out, and hugged a lot. It was nice.

"So, have you seen Thanos in person?" Peter asked, lacing his fingers with mine.

"Yeah, he punched me in the face," I said casually.

"Holy shit! Are you okay?" Peter asked, taking me by the shoulders.

"I'm fine. Mantis has healing powers," I said with a chuckle. He calmed down and moved his hands up to my face.

"You're beautiful. You know that, right?" He said.

"Come on, Pete," I said.

"I'm serious! You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. And I mean it," he said with a smile.

"I love you," I said. He leaned in and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

Then, we heard a crash.

"Great," I muttered. I flew up, and Peter shot a web at my foot. I flew him to the crash, and Thanos was there.

"Ah, there she is. (Y/n)," Thanos said.

"Uh, hi," I said. I blasted him, and, to my surprise, he fell over.

"Cute," Thanos said. He closed his fist, and the blue stone glowed. I was flung into the air and slammed into the ground. Nice.

-

"Get it, Pete!" I yelled. We had a plan. Doctor Strange was holding Thanos back with his magic, and Mantis was sitting on his shoulders, trying to make him fall asleep. Peter and Tony were trying to pull the gauntlet off, while Drax was holding one of his legs.

Me? I was trying to control his mind, but since he now had the soul stone, his mind was too powerful.

"He... he mourns...." Mantis said.

"What does this monster have to mourn?" Quill asked. He didn't really have a job. He was just kind of there.

"Gamora..." I said, reading Thanos' mind.

"What?" Quill asked, facing me.

"He... sacrificed her for the mind stone," I said.

"You bastard," Quill said.

"Quill," I warned.

"Bastard! Tell me he didn't do it," he said to me. I shook my head.

"I... had to...." Thanos said.

"No. No you didn't. You.. you didn't!" Quill said, raising his arm.

"Quill!" I yelled. He hit Thanos, which caused Mantis to fall backwards. Thanos regained conscious, and grabbed the gauntlet from Peter and Tony. He shoved Quill out of the way, and barreled towards me.

"Get away from me!" I screamed. He closed his fist, and all four stones glowed. I felt the life being drained out of me, but then I only felt one thing.

Power.

My eyes glowed a dark blood red, and I walked over to Thanos. I threw a mighty punch, and he fell backwards. Suddenly, I felt drained. And I fell over, weak.

Thanos grimaced, and closed his fist. The space stone teleported him away from where we were.

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?" Peter asked, running over to me. I shook my head and caught my breath.

"What the hell was that?" Strange asked. Suddenly, Thanos came back.

"You," he said to Strange. Peter carried me behind a rock, and we hid there.

Tony's suit shot out a sword, and he tried to stab Thanos with it. Thanos grabbed it, snapped it off, and stabbed Tony with it.

"No!" I screamed, trying to run over there.

"Stay here," Peter said, holding me tight. I cried into his shoulder.

"Wait," Strange said, catching the attention of Thanos, "I'll give you the stone... if you spare his life."

"Don't," Tony said, falling down.

"Hand it over," Thanos said. Strange pulled off his golden necklace carrying the stone, and took it out.

Thanos took it and added it to the collection on his knuckle. Tony was immediately healed.

"Goodbye (Y/n). I hope we meet again," Thanos yelled in my direction. He then closed his fist and teleported away.

"Why did you do that?" I yelled at Strange. I got up and hobbled over to him.

"We're in the end game now."

My heart sunk. We lost.

"I'm gonna kill him. I'm the only one that can," I said.

"Kid, if you kill him you die," Tony said.

"Then I guess I'm going to have to die then," I said, getting angry.

"(Y/n), no. I won't let you," Peter said, pulling me away from the others.

"Peter, the whole universe is at stake," I said.

"(Y/n), listen to me! You will die if you try to kill him. Please, I lost you once before and I can't lose you again," he said, begging.

"Peter, I'm so sorry, but I need to do this. I'm the only one that can," I said. Peter looked at me, defeated, but nodded.

I had no idea where Thanos was, but I had to find him.

"What stone does he need?" I asked, walking up to the others.

"Mind," Strange said.

"And where is that?" I asked.

"Oh no. That's the stone in Vision's head. They're in Wakanda," Tony said.

"Get me there," I said to Strange.

He nodded and, with a wave of his hands, opened a portal.

"Keep this open. I'm coming back. Don't follow me," I said. I hopped through it, and saw that all hell was breaking loose.

Black gooey aliens were attacking the beautiful fields of Wakanda, and there was so much going on.

Thor was attacking the aliens with an axe, Steve had arm shields, Bucky and Rocket were shooting them with guns, and it was all wild.

"Bring me Thanos!" Thor yelled, stomping into a clearing.

"Vision!" I yelled, running over to Vision. He was fallen on the ground.

"He is here," he said. I turned around to see Wanda running over.

"Wanda, you have to do it," Vision said. She nodded, and raised a hand. The only person who could destroy the mind stone was Wanda, and that's what she had to do.

She shot a stream of bright red power straight to the stone, and it exploded.

"Not so fast," Thanos said, walking in behind us.