Chapter 7

Baby girl. Baby girl. Baby girl. I couldn't stop thinking about those two words and how good they sounded coming out of his mouth. 

  ✧  

''What do you mean you've never seen Harry Potter?'' I screamed the question out loud on the street, I was shocked. It's been two weeks since the party and I was on my way home from work when I decided that the walk was too long for me to spend alone, so I decided to call Jeffrey.  I hadn't met him since the party but we texted and called often. 

''You heard me. I've only seen the first two'' Jeffrey laughed at my reaction. 

''Jeffrey, don't fuck with me. Oh my god, I feel the need to sit you down and show you a power point on why the Harry Potter movies are the best thing in the world'' I replied in all honesty. 

''I guess I'll have to watch them then'' he replied and I sure hope he meant it. 

''You have to do a marathon, no break, no sleep, nothing in between'' damn, I was way too excited about getting him into Harry Potter. 

''You'll have to join me, I'm not having a movie marathon alone'' he exclaimed and I had to stop  walking for a second to think of how much fun that would be. ''I'm back home late today. Let's have a Harry Potter marathon tomorrow at my place. Bandit misses you, so there you go, another reason to come'' he said and I smiled at how silly he was; fuck, I accepted it right away.  

We decided I come by noon so that we watch two movies, then make dinner and then watch the rest of them. I was honestly excited but also nervous; don't ask me why, I didn't know. Or maybe I did, but was afraid to accept it. 

''That's a lot of apples, you gonna snack on that?'' Jeffrey asked amused as I arrived to his with bags full of apples and other stuff. 

''I make a mean apple pie'' I smirked. I couldn't wait to make my apple pie and stuff Jeffrey and myself with it. 

Before we could get to our marathon, he showed me around his farm and introduced me to each animal, which made me extremely happy. He was so passionate about every thing he had done there and he talked so nicely about his animals that I couldn't stop smiling at him; what an angel. 

''Hey, thanks for coming'' he grabbed my arm and turned me around to pull me into a hug as I was finishing petting one of his llamas. It was cold outside but my body warmed up instantly as it touched his, even through so many layers of clothing. I had butterflies and I knew by now that I was falling in love with Jeffrey; hell, I've adored him for many years thanks to the best series in the whole fucking world. But now it was real; I was physically close to him so often and he was so sweet and charming that it just happened. I fell in love. 

''I fucking regret not watching it earlier, that shit is too good'' Jeffrey said as he put on some music to make dinner making even more fun. ''Wine?'' he asked as he went to the other side of his gigantic kitchen to pour us wine, before joining me in cutting the chicken breasts. Making dinner with Jeffrey felt really intimate, but I guess it was normal, friends did that anyway. 

I  moved along to some Guns N' Roses as I prepared the food, until the next song started playing and Jeffrey suddenly stopped what he was doing to come stand behind me

I  moved along to some Guns N' Roses as I prepared the food, until the next song started playing and Jeffrey suddenly stopped what he was doing to come stand behind me. He caressed my bare arm and I shuddered at his touch; his hand made its way from my shoulder to my hand, slowly and gently, until he intertwined his fingers with mine. My breaths were getting shaky as I stood there and waited to see what he wanted to do. 

''Dance with me again'' he whispered, his low voice doing things to me that I didn't know I could feel. I gulped as I took a step towards him as my arms found their way around his neck as if I'd done that so many times before. Unlike our dance at the party, this time it was only me and him with no one to witness our closeness. Fuck, I was in love. 

We danced to Tennessee Whiskey so close to each other and I felt like nothing else existed but me and Jeffrey. He twirled me slowly and then I landed back in his arms where I felt like home and suddenly he pulled me even closer to him. I melted into him like ice cream on a hot summer's day and I felt like I belonged in his arms. I was afraid; what if he didn't feel the same? 

''You're a good dancer'' he told me, as he backed a bit to look at me. 

''You're not bad either'' I replied smiling, my heart beating at an insane speed as he was so close to me. I wondered if he was aware of how handsome he was, if he was aware of the effect that those beautiful eyes had on me and probably everyone else. 

''I'm starving'' my stomach was growling in hunger and I had to say something else, otherwise I would've kissed him or something of that matter

''I just...yeah, let's just make food'' he scratched the back of his head and looked down at his feet before getting back to the food. I joined him again, but I couldn't stop thinking about what he wanted to say. 

''This scene will always destroy me'' I said as I wiped a tear off my face. I couldn't help it. 

''Oh no, baby girl, don't cry'' Jeffrey looked at me and with a concerned look on his face he got closer to me and put his arm around me. Baby girl

''Don't tell me you're not sad. He was one of the best'' I replied. I was now cuddled up against him; it felt like home. 

''It's cute that you're crying over a character's death'' he giggled and I looked at him in a theatrical shock. 

''I get so attached to characters! Imagine how much I cried when I saw one big asshole smashed his bat into Glenn's head'' I said jokingly. 

''Hey, I thought you liked Negan!'' he placed his hand on his heart and acted hurt. Fuck, he's cute. 

''Okay, fine, I actually do'' I smiled, knowing damn well how much I loved every TWD character - even the most evil ones, in every possible way because they all had their own magic. ''He is a piece of shit for doing what he did to my loves Rick and Daryl and the others, but I adore him anyway because of so many reasons but also because he is hot as fuck'', I joked, but at the same time I didn't, of course. Jeffrey made Negan the most attractive villain there was. 

''Ohhh, so you think Negan is hot, huh?'' he looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows jokingly. I had just confessed that Negan - Jeffrey, was hot. As fuck. 

''Let's just watch Harry Potter, you're missing good parts here'' I was blushing, so I changed the subject quickly. 

''Come here'' he put his arm back around my shoulders and brought my body close to his, action that once again had my stomach invaded by butterflies. ''Little comfort in case you're gonna cry your ass off again''. 

C. here! I know things are going very slow but I don't want to rush anything. Tension is nice, isn't it? Hope you enjoyed.