EP 33: FOR THE BEST

Episode 33: For The Best

My head was spinning. Once again, I found myself pinching my temple. The wave of flashbacks flooded my mind.

" Xander, Xander, breathe.." Gabriel rubbed my back comfortingly.
These flashes from the past were intriguing : I tied a towel around Gabriel's head, instructing him to draw something that represents his family.

The next flash was the first time we met where I bumped into him. I mentally smiled at the faint image of his bold act.

" Who the hell stands right before the door?" Gabriel bit out, puffing out his chest.

I let out a throaty laugh, my eyes twinkling with mischief.
" Well, you're quite weak for a boy."

Then, another flash crossed my mind. One that made my throat dry. I felt it rush through my veins, the memory of the first time I initiated our kiss at the club.

I grabbed him by the collar, pulling him to me before covering his lips in a hungry kiss, pushing him against the wall, devouring every inch of his lips.

I snapped out of it, falling to the ground. Gabriel managed to pull me back up, his arms hooked around mine.

Setting me down on the floor, I leaned against the wall, trying to catch my breath.
" What did you remember?" Gabriel asked with curious eyes, if only he knew...

What if it wasn't true? Maybe it was just a dream or a desire hidden deep within.

" Alexander Wilde, tell me." I knew he was serious when he called out my full name.

I cracked my knuckles, what I planned to do was really going to be a risk.
Without wasting another second, I leaned over and captured his lips in mine.

I pulled away, awaiting him to scream at me or even punch me. Instead, he straddled me, wrapping his arms around my neck.

He continued to kiss me deeply, both of us fighting for dominance. My mind was in a haze, I wanted him so badly --- every inch of him. It felt like I knew him since forever, but at the same time, I was feeling overwhelmed. What happens next? How should I act like?

Is this really true?

I pushed Gabriel away, taking in a few breaths.

" We need to stop." I gently sat him down, my heart shattered upon looking at his heart broken expression.

" W-what?" His voice cracked.

" It's not you, it's me. " I wanted to roll my eyes at the thought of how cliche that sounded.

"I need more time Gab, I need to digest everything. I want you so badly, but I need to find the place we left off before I can give you all of me. " I took his hands in mine.

I wanted to kiss that sad pout off his lips, I wish I could have been better for him --- I just keep holding him back.

" How long do you need? Let me help you..." He muttered out, I could the fire of hope in his eyes slowly dying. He could predict my answer.

I gave him a small smile, " I have to do this alone, and only time can tell how long I'll need." I carassed his cheek.

It's not easy, it really isn't. After recalling all the memories, I couldn't just jump back into the way it used to be.

My heart ached at the thought of leaving Gabriel, but it was for the best. Gabriel stood up, straightening his sweater. Before he walked out the door, he glanced back.

" I'll wait for you Alexander, I promise."

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

" You sure you'll be alright?" Blake confirmed, pulling me into a hug.
We were at the airport, Blake, Kai, Aunty and Uncle Harris were there to send Angie and I off.

Everyone except Gabriel.

" I'm good, bro. Promise me that you'll look out more for Gabriel while i'm gone."

" You have my word!" Kai piped in. Ruffling his hair, I embraced the rest of the family.

" So you remember everything?" Kai asked, loud enough for only myself to hear.

" Yeah, every detail."

" Even your feelings for Gabriel?" I bit my lip.

" When you love someone Kai, you always will no matter how long you might have been away from them. You can't imagine hpw much it hurts to leave him again when I just found him." I gave his shoulder a last squeeze, my answer seemed to please him too.

" Take care Alexander! You're always welcomed back! Please come soon!" Gabriel's parents hollared.

With Angie in my arms, we waved at them before entering the departure hall.

" I'm going to miss Uncle Gabriel, Daddy." Angie wiped a few tears from her eyes.

" Me too, princess. Me too..."

\\ sorry for the short filler chapter loves:") \\