Chapter 44 : Chance

JENNIE'S POV

My alarm clock rang which forced me to wake up. It was exactly 6 am, I still had time to prepare myself and have breakfast with my mother. I hadn't been home for a while. Indeed, for a while now, I used to stay in Lisa's apartment because it saved her from picking me up every morning to go to work. So a few days ago, I asked Lisa if I could spend time with my mother since I missed her so much. I got up from bed and stood in front of the mirror. I admired the little bump that was growing, although it wasn't very visible but I could feel some transformations in me. I lifted my shirt slightly and carefully caressed my belly, "Good morning baby, how are you today? I hope you slept well, tell me what you want to eat this morning? Would you like some strawberry jam toast? Daddy will pick us up later so behave, okay?"

"Mom! Where are you? I made your coffee and some toast!"

"I'm coming, sweetheart! Sit down at the table already, I'll join you in a few minutes." I've just finished to prepare the breakfast. So I set the table and placed two glasses of orange juice, her cup of coffee and the two plates of jam toast. While I was waiting for my mother to come, I sent a message to Lisa telling her that I was already awake. I quickly got a reply, she said she would pick me up later than usual so that I could enjoy the morning with my mother, she is so caring, she always thinks about me and my mom. Yes, I'm whipped and what? 

"Someone's in a good mood today." my mother teased me and sat in the chair in front of me.

"I'm always in a good mood, mom! Anyway, what are you going to do today?"

"I plan to create other recipes, and I have to make you taste a revisited chocolate brownie too, it's delicious." when my mom talks about cooking, she is always so excited and inspired in what she says. She told me that when she was young, she spent more time in the kitchen than in her bedroom, even though it is the sacred place of every teenager.

"Sure, I can't wait to eat all your dishes and desserts, Mom!"

"I know you'll always be my fan number one." 

The highway was clear today, there were few traffic jams so we ended up at the company earlier than expected. Everyone greeted us and some were even afraid to look me in the eye since the news spread. It was Bambam who told everyone that I was pregnant and that I was about to get married. You can't even imagine Lisa's face when she found out that everyone knew about it, I thought she was going to kill her cousin. We passed now by the reception when one of the employees called Lisa.

"Good morning boss. I wanted to inform you that someone has been waiting for you outside your office for a while now. This person would like to apply for a position in your company."

"I hope he or she has brought back his her CV or else he or she can go straight home."

"Yes boss, he took his resume and letter in support of application with him." 

"Perfect, thank you." Lisa walked towards the elevator and I followed her back. We were now inside and we were alone. The elevator was a place where you could always feel some tension, especially when you had the sexiest person in the world around you. 

"I know what you are thinking and Jennie Kim, stop biting your lip if you don't want me to do something stupid right now." Lisa almost said as if she had trouble breathing. I think I'm going to have a little fun teasing her, I know she avoids it since I'm pregnant but sometimes you know you have an intense desire to do it that you can't stop yourself. A few days ago, we did it but it was too soft so I'm not completely satisfied.