Envy and Envy...?

Start from the beginning

"Hey...I have a question..." I suddenly say, breaking the silence "Remember that song you were singing during the storm...?"

"Y...yeah...?" he sounds slightly embarrassed, as if he was hoping I hadn't seen or heard it.

"Where...where did you hear it from...?"

He lets his head fall slightly. We were arm's length away from each other now and he looked...ashamed...I think is the best word for the look on his face "I heard it...in Ishval. A mother was singing it to a small child when I showed up...for some reason I remembered the words..."

I look up at him. "Really...? I heard it from a...I dunno....every time a storm would happen I would just hear this voice...singing.....and it calmed me down somehow....it made me less afraid...."

He sighs "Every once in a while I would suddenly feel this deep sense of fear...and I would whisper that song and it would slowly go away. It was strange....I swear the fear didn't...." he trails off and gets wide-eyed. "Wait a minute...you mean the fear was coming from you the whole time...and we didn't even know each other...?"

"I...I think so....when I heard you singing it...it sounded just like the voice that always sang before...I just pushed it away as coincidence but..."

He laughs slightly "And to think I thought I'd never know the reason I was singing to myself..." Suddenly he gets wide-eyed just as we end up in the HQ. He pushes me away and staggers to a wall, holding his head like he's in pain.

"What's wrong...?"

"Father...and Dante...they're trying to take control over me again..."

"Oh...hold on..." I walk to a table and grab an Aquosea Stone, then walk back to him. "Here...take this..."

"What...is it...?"

"Let's call it a replacement for the Philosopher's Stone." I reply evenly, smiling at him. He looks at me, confused, and I walk closer.

"No...don't...I'll end up..." he stammers, and I walk closer and hug him. He gets wide-eyed and I put the stone on his back. It slowly sinks into his skin and he looks at me, clearly wondering what was happening.

"No you won't...you have to tell me when you feel it connect completely so I can take out the Philosopher's Stone."

"Wha...?"

"You'll know..." I smile and blush slightly, realizing he's gently hugging me back...and I'm trying to figure out what it is I'm feeling...

"They...don't have any control over me anymore..." he whispers and I sense that it's connected. Slowly the Philosopher's Stone comes out of his back and I crush it, sending all the souls it took to make it flying out in a mass of red. Eventually he pulls away from me and smiles as I realize I'm still red...and realizing this doesn't help the problem...

"Um.....yeah....so...." I stammer as I try to regain my composer...and fail...

"You're just as cute as I remember." he laughs...and I manage to get redder. About then, as if I wasn't embarrassed enough, Cylon and Dylan walk out, see us, and laugh along with him.

"See, I told u he would like her." Dylan laughs.

"Greed...?" Envy looks at him, confused.

"not anymore. Now I'm Dylan."

"Dylan...?"

"Yeah, isn't it an awesome name?!" he says with a grin. "My girl here came up with it." he pulls Cylon closer to him and she grins...just like him, it's slightly disturbing...and judging by Envy's face, he thinks so to.

"So aside from that, what's this about you two having met before?" Cylon asks curiously.

"Yeah, I was wondering that too...unless....your not telling me she's that other 1 they called Envy, is she? The 1 you told Father was no big deal...?"

"She is." Envy smiles. "I never really did get to talk to her..."

"Yeah, if i'm not mistaken all of the other kids made sure to keep you far away from the creepy loner in the corner..." I mutter.

"No matter how I protested." he replies.

"So wait...she's the same girl you said actually wished she weren't human?" Dylan looks from him to me. "Well...then how come she hasn't said anything like that to anyone else....?"

"I didn't say it, it was on a paper I had to do for school that he found." I reply.

"If I have my wording right..." Lenora walks out, followed by Ed. "You said she would never b a threat because she thinks more like a Humunculus then the human she is. You said she seems to hate humans and you said she thinks being called human is an insult."

"Right...I suppose you have a new name too, Lust?"

"Yes, it's Lenora." she replies simply "or Lenore if you prefer."

"You too, Gluttony?"

"Ed!" he says happily, and I can see Envy forcing himself not to laugh. "because of how Edward helped I wanted to be Ed."

"He helped you, hu? I suppose you could say he just helped me too...in an obscure way...so what about the others?"

"Well Greed Ling is still on our side, even though he's the ruler of Xing he shows up from time to time." Dylan replies "He's still got the Philosopher's Stone though. Because of the distance it seems they can't affect him."

"What about the 2 Sloths...?" Envy asks. As if on cue Lora and Ax walk in.

"I'm Lora now."

"And I'm Ax"

"What about...?"

"Wrath?" Lora finishes as he walks in.

"I'm Jacy!" he grins and Lora smiles and rubs his head.

"He still thinks you're his mom, hu?" Envy looks at Lora.

"Both of them." Jacy smiles and looks at me. Envy follows his gaze and stares at me, confused.

"Heheh...um...I have a soft spot for kids...sometimes...?" I rub the back of my neck awkwardly. "Good news is is that even though Edward still won't accept her as his mom, Al has...sorda..."

Lora sighs "I suppose it is hard to accept...I'm just happy he got his body back..."

"So most everyone is here and has new names...that leaves me as the only 1 left with my original name..."

"What about James?" I look at him. "That's the name you gave yourself for when you were at the school..."

"James, hu...? I guess I forgot about that...I have always liked that name...I suppose that'll work." he smiles at me and I smile back. I suppose you could say that, right then...that's the 1st time I've felt human...ever...and ironically it took a non-human to make me feel it...