November 21st, 2066

Heather was delighted to see me... at first. She was glad that I'd decided to give up my quest to find Sara and come to Sanctum, where it's safe. When she realized that I had not, in fact, given up on my desire to find my beloved, she was distraught--angry, even. She began to argue and insist that I remain in Sanctum. She claimed that I am much better off, here, but she just doesn't get it. I'm not as weak as I was earlier this year. I've been through a lot and it's made me stronger, even if I can't remember all of it. On top of that, how could I possibly be better off in Sanctum, knowing that Sara could still be out there? How could I be better off without her at all? I'd rather be dead right now just to get it over with--that's far more appealing than spending the rest of my life in this metal halls without Sara by my side.

It was difficult to get any information out of Heather--she was too adamant that I stay. Any information that I did get out of her isn't really trustworthy, either. At first, she tried to tell me that Sara died. Then, halfway through our talk, she told me that Sara had taken a new lover and had run away with him, betraying me. None of what Heather was saying seemed logical or consistent, so I guess I'm going to need to see for myself, without help from anyone.

I'm still working out as often as I can, trying to keep my strength up. I proposed to a lieutenant that I be considered for guard duty, as that's what I did before my capture. I was laughed at when I provided the suggestion; it seems that imperfects of any kind are only here to be protected and to serve with menial tasks, like dishes. We aren't allowed to carry weapons or even have access to armor. I'll need to find another way to get the equipment that I'll need for my trip to Australia.