4. Half Vampire?

4. Half Vampire?

As i walk in through the door I meet eyes with Charlie. I step in and close the door snuggly.

"You never came home yesterday?" Charlie shouts coming to me. I try to look like my old self; but I know he realizes I'm different.

"Dad I'm fine..." he stares at me with wide eyes and so I come over and hug him with my right arm.

"Bells you had me about to call a search party?" I laugh a little then release my grip on him and notice his face. It's as serious as can anyone's can be.

"Sorry dad, I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I was just with... Jacob again." I tell the partial truth and nothing about me being hurt or almost killed for that matter. He nods and then relaxes.

"Oh Jacob is a good kid..." he lingers coming closer to me. "What happened to you eyes, they are a blaring red." I don't know what to say so I just come out with the first thing that hits my mind.

"Oh that's nothing, I was just out and Jake scared the crud out of me and I got blood shot eyes apparently." he tilts his head and then nods. Good it worked. I think to myself. I hide my arm closer to my shirt and I can feel the blood drenching through. I crinkle my nose from my scent and then smell Charlie's blood. I smile and then shake my head. He's your own father Bella! Stop it! I think.

"I'm tired... goodnight." Charlie waves and I head upstairs slowly. Once I get to the top I listen for the couch to squeak again and when it does I know Charlie has continued to watch the game. I rush into the bathroom and start the tub up with cold water. I run my arm under it and wipe all the blood and dirt away. Once I dry it off with a towel I search through cabinets of stuff until I find some bandages. I wrap my arm about several times with some gauze and then breathe again. My arm still throbs in pain so I take some Tylenol. I feel exhausted and I'm glad to be back in my own room. I open my bedroom door and see Jacob perched in the window. I don't flinch since I'm too tired to do it, yet fall face first onto my bed.

"Bella...I'm so sorry about what I did!" Jacob's frantically sitting on the rim of my bed next to me. His words have much anxiety and I can tell he's in great remorse. I sit up and grab his hand with my good arm.

"Its fine, you didn't mean to." I say tiredly. He nods and then tilts his head; bewildered.

"Are you...tired?" I giggle and then nod. He gives me a look and I get what he's saying! Vampires are never tired and never sleep! I fling up out of bed and look into my mirror. I'm surely a vampire. My facial features are perfected, my hair glistens and my skin is pale as snow. I even sparkled a little when we were out hunting. My head goes dizzy as I try to figure out everything. I lean up against my wall and slide to the floor.

"I...I don't know what's going on" I stutter. No! I'm not supposed to stutter either! I am supposed to have great speech, not the old cruddy one I had as a human! Everything screams inside of me and I don't know how to make it all stop! I can see a flashback of Edward and I sitting at his house, talking on the couch... "Bella did I ever tell you about the other kind of vampires?" I think for a moment before answering. "Do you mean the ones who don't drink animal blood?" my stupid human brain couldn't foresee what he was talking about but I can now. "No I'm talking about the other vampires who are half human as well." I have to pause in thought and Edward I can tell is getting bored. "Half vampire, half human; how is that possible?" I say between my teeth. Edward sighs and then keeps speaking. "Well when a human woman and a vampire have a baby, they're child is half mortal, half immortal and when that child bites a human... that human will turn into the same sort of vampire the child is."...The flashback all makes scene now, it didn't when I was a human but it all does now. Is Laurent really a half vampire? I think to myself. I've never really thought about it that way before...

"Bella..." Jacob says with an edge to his voice. It's almost as if he knows what I've figured out.

"I'm not a full...vampire." I stutter out through my teeth. Every word makes my throat burn and every thought tortures it worse. Jacob's eyes stay locked on mine but he doesnt say anything. I motion my hands for him to follow up on my theory but he never does. I sigh and then hide my face back into my knees. The feeling of drowsiness over comes my body and I close my eyes gingerly. I have no time at all before my thoughts go wild and I'm dreaming a horrible dream... Edward sits perched in my window sill, smiling that dazzling crooked smile i always loved. I get up from my bed and walk on over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning in. He accepts my kiss but not like he usually does; this time it's more forced than freely. He cringes back and looks at me weirdly. What is it that makes Edward so hard to read? I mean one minute he's cheerful and then next he's remorsing over something. I turn my back on him and try real hard to forget him; though it's pain enough to have to face away. When i look back he's gone; out of my life like he has been already. I look out the window and notice nothing but rain pouring down from the skies...