Foolish Little Brother

Itachi felt his otouto's chakra signature in the same room as the Naruto-kun. On one hand this would give him an opportunity to delay kidnapping Naruto-kun, on the other hand, he'd have to hurt Sasuke again. He sighed and quickly suppressed his chaotic emotions behind his mask before knocking on the door.

After a moment it was opened by Sasuke, who didn't look even a bit disturbed at seeing him.

"Hi, nii-san. Long time no see." he greeted with a smile. "Nice nail polish... and ring... and cloak. Oh my God, you've become a complete hippie, haven't you? Tou-san would be so disappointed."

Judging by Kisame's choked laugh he found it funny.

Itachi barely managed to not let his surprise show. "Seeing as I've already killed him, it is a moot point." The reminder of the massacre also didn't affect Sasuke's cheery disposition. Strange.

"Step aside, foolish little brother. I'm not here for you, but your teammate."

"You are not getting Naruto." said Sasuke, with steel in his voice, all humour gone. It seemed Naruto-kun meant more to his brother than just a teammate.

"I suppose, you'll try to stop me?" Itachi asked, condescendingly.

"I will." Sasuke answered, activating his Sharingan which changed into a star shaped pattern.

"You've finally acquired the Mangekyou, then. Who did you kill, little brother?" He asked, both relieved and troubled at this revelation.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" his otouto answered, a smirk forming on his face.

"You should get out of the way, brat, before I cut off your legs, Itachi-san's brother or not." Kisame interjected.

It took a subtle glare from Itachi to shut him up.

"Your boyfriend?" Sasuke asked. "Looks rather whipped."

Itachi had to struggle not to pinch the bridge of his nose, as Kisame growled. Today had to be the day for Sasuke to develop a rather disturbing sense of humor.

Instead he activated his Mangekyou and caught Sasuke in Tsukiyomi. He needed to be reminded to hate him, to become stronger.

He was surprised again, when Sasuke took control of the Tsukiyomi. He didn't think that Sasuke would have gained such experience with his Mangekyou Sharingan, so soon. He hoped his little brother wasn't overusing it. It wouldn't do for him to become blind before Itachi could give him his eyes.

"I'm honestly tired of this. You have to do this every time we meet?" Sasuke asked.

"You seemed to have let go of your hatred. You need to be reminded...." Itachi began, only to be cut off again.

"Nii-san, I know. About Danzo, the coup, Shisui, Madara. Everything. I just want you to know that I forgive you and that I won't be killing you."

It took Itachi a moment to collect himself. "I don't know what delusions you have...." he started and was cut off again.

"Yeah. I knew you'd say something like this and I don't want to hear it. So, just think about coming back to Konoha, all right?" Sasuke said and somehow shattered the tsukiyomi.

The backlash led to him falling to his knees in the real world.

"Itachi-san?" Kisame asked, half-in-concern and half-bewildered.

"We're leaving." he answered, sensing Jiraiya-sama approaching.

He took a last look at Sasuke, who had somehow grown up when he wasn't looking, and left with a shunshin.