|9| Jealousy and Friends|

Jealousy. A word that could darken a conversation, or break relationships. A sin. A feeling that casted over Lucy as she watched Natsu talk to a girl.

The girl was beautiful. Hair as white as snow with a little blue. Eyes that shine like priceless crystals. A smile that lit up the room immediately as she walked in. She walked with purpose and talked like she was made of money, and Lucy wouldn't be surprised if she was.

"Lucy this is Lisanna." Natsu introduced. Lucy reluctantly took Lisanna's hand in her own for a firm handshake. She smiled bright as did Lucy.

"This is Gray." A boy with raven hair, pale skin, and calming dark blue eyes walked in front of her. He held a slight frown on his handsome face. "Hey." He responded as he kept his hands in his jacket pockets.

A woman with fair skin stood before her examining her face. She had pretty brown eyes and a gorgeous face, but what stood out the most was her hair, the brilliant red color of her mane was magnificent. "Hello, I am Erza," she shook her hand, "nice to formally meet you."

Another woman with even paler skin and dark blue hair that matched her dark blue eyes also held a frown much like Gray's. "Juvia." She bowed slightly. Lucy bowed back and watched as she stood near Gray almost protectively.

Lastly a petite girl with light blue hair walked in. Her smile seemed sweet and tender, and her skin just as. She shook Lucy's hand but held it there, "I am Levy." She smiled even sweeter and let go.

"These are all my friends." Natsu announced as he closed the door. It took all of Lucy's will power to not run out the house, of course she had to think logically. They were probably in an area she didn't know at all, she could get lost and perhaps stolen...again.

They all walked towards the living room and sat down. Natsu sat on the right and Lisanna-though plenty of space next to her-sat right beside Natsu.

Lucy stared at the space between them, it was barley there. "I heard you would all like to help me?" she spoke though distracted.

Levy nodded, "yes we would! Natsu informed us of your problem, and we wished to help. We feel bad for y-"

Lucy shook her head and spoke quickly, cutting her off. "Please, I do not wish for your pity."

Erza stood, "we all have different ideas on how to help you."

"I for one think we should call the police." Gray raised his hand. "We don't know what Igneel is capable of, what if he finds out we are here and hurts her or us? Get the police down here and we would be safe."

Lisanna shook her head, "Igneel has connections to the police, I remember he worked there for a while right Natsu?"

Natsu nodded, "yes, they follow my father like a dog ever since my mother died."

"Perhaps you should just run." Juvia said softly, "running seems like the only option. And if Natsu is planning on going with you, then the better."

"I thought about that," Erza said with a pondering face, "but they are still too young, the police officers would notice two twelve year olds walking along the street."

"Oh!" Lisanna chirped, "what if my sister helped them? She has a car and is considered an adult!"

Erza nodded slowly, "maybe, but where would she take them? And she's always busy with her boyfriend."

Lisanna nodded, "I forgot." Her eyes wandered over to Lucy's. She eyed her and Lucy noticeably tensed.

"My father is returning home in five more days, we need to figure out something right fucking now!" Natsu said in a stressed filled tone.

Levy flinched at Natsu's obscenity. "We understand that Natsu, but what do you expect? We are twelve year olds, it's not like we have a lot of connection."

Erza nodded and put a reassuring hand on Natsu's shoulder, "let us sleep over, and maybe tomorrow we can converse on the topic. We brought extra clothes for any emergency. Does that sound to your liking?"

Natsu nodded and sighed, "yes."

Juvia jumped up excitedly, "I will start cooking dinner."

Gray nodded, "I suggest everyone tell their parents we are here, I'll call yours Juvia."

As everyone pulled out their phones to inform their parents Lucy couldn't help but feel as if she was being watched, the feeling was different than the one she felt earlier. It was more intense.

She whipped her head to look around the room only to find the after math of Lisanna staring at her, Lucy could tell she was pretending to be paying full attention to her device.

Natsu brought a hand to Lucy's shoulder. His lips neared her ear and spoke quietly. "It seems like you caught Lisanna's eye."

"What do you mean? Doesn't she like males?" Lucy questioned.

Natsu shook his head, "she only fancies females. Since last year she's only been attracted to them."

Lucy smiled to herself. She stupidly thought Lisanna liked Natsu and almost hated her for it, she let her greed get the best of her.

"Understood."