Chapter 9: Lame

Chapter 9: Lame

I was really upset not knowing about what Zoe was talking about. Walking pass Zoe and having her ignoring me was hard. She never even glanced my way and I looked at her with desperate eyes. I wanted my best friend back. In fact, I don't even know if I'm still allowed to call her my best friend.

Sighing, I walked out of school and decided to go to to a place in which I found when I ran away for a day when I found out about my parents. It was a place with lots of graffiti, and no one really went there. These arts make me feel better in a way, they express really deep feelings. Plus, I like art.

"What are you doing here?" a voice called, making me jump and yelp.

"What the fuck?!" I screamed. My hand flew to my mouth.

"Woah woah, sorry!" the man said, putting his hands in front as defence.

Suddenly I realised, it was Taylor.

What's he doing here?

"What are you doing here?" I asked, voicing my thoughts out.

"I asked first," he said, coming into view and not hiding in the shadows.

"I needed some alone time..." I shrugged.

So much for alone time.

"Me, too. I guess" he said.

"You okay?" he asked after a while.

"No, not really" I shook my head.

"I'm not gonna ask why, because I'd get the stereotypical answer like 'yes' but really you're not so I'm gonna try cheer you up okay?" he smiled.

"Hit me with your best shot," I sang.

"have you heard about the movie Constipation? Yeah, it never came out" he said, chuckling.

I'll admit I laughed.

"Are you religious? Cause you're the answer to all my prayers," he smirked.

I lost it. I laughed a lot. Like rolling on the floor a lot. Then Taylor joined it, seeing as to how hard I'm laughing. That lame pun and pickup line was just too funny. My stomach started to hurt and I was struggling to catch my breath, no sound coming out of my laughter.

Once our laughter died down, Taylor pointed up a finger and said. "Okay, okay, one more. I changed my iPhone name to titanic, it's syncing now."

Once he said that, we fell into a fit of laughter again.

"You're so lame!" I chuckled.

"But you love me," he smirked.

"Mmhmm sure, in the alternate universe," I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but to let a smile slip.

"At least you love me somewhere," he smirked. "Oh right! before I forget, there's this masquerade ball next week. Britney's going too. You should come, it'll be fun."

All I did was shrug. I didn't know whether I wanted to go without Zoe. But going to a masquerade ball has always been in my bucket list. So I guess I'll have to think everything through, find a dress and a mask.

Hold up. Why am I even thinking of going without Zoe? I shouldn't be. Well, within the week, if I figured out what I'm doing wrong, I'll ask if she would want to go.

~~~~~

Today, we were going dress shopping. I honestly felt really excited. I don't wear much dresses, nor do I go shopping. But I mean come on! It's for a freaking masquerade ball. Who doesn't want to experience that in their life?

We entered a shop, specially designed for masquerade parties, one which Britney brought me to. I was looking for something dark, but still have colours. Not too much, yet not too little.

After trying millions of dresses, I found one I really liked and got it. Britney as well, but instead of getting a black one, she got a white one with black roses on it. It for her well. So I guess she decided to go for black and white. Her mask matched perfectly with her dress, it had a silver trim and delicate designs. While mine was black, but with some kind of feather sticking out on the right top. Both our masks has stretchy strings at the back and not a stick so I didn't need to hold it. My shoes were simple black strappy heels, I guess I would call it. I also found a clutch and a pretty pair of dangle earrings which look like feathers. All together, I think I went for a black and green theme.

"That looks amazing on you!" Britney squealed and gushed.

"Thanks," I smiled, "you look gorgeous in the dress!"

"You think so?" she asked, a little concerned.

"Oh honey, I know so!" I chuckled.

We paid a bunch for our dresses and left with the dress in paper bags.

"Are you hungry? Cause I am" I stated.

"yes! Oh my gosh, starving!" she exclaimed.

We decided to head to Wendy's and ordered one plate of cheese fries, one set of chicken nuggets and two vanilla frosty's.

"So, why don't you ask Zoe to join us for the ball?" Britney asked.

"We're not talking now..." I muttered.

"Why not?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"She said I've changed, but honestly, I don't know how. And I haven't been able to figure it out. So she told me that she's not going to talk to me until I figure it out."

"I'm sorry."

"For what? You didn't do anything."

"You don't see it, do you? You've been hanging out with Taylor and I, leaving your best friend alone. You're sitting at the cool kids table now because we're your friends. Doesn't that tell you something?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

"No?" it came out more like a question.

"Oh gosh! Summer, can you be anymore ignorant?" she laughed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and she saw it.

"You're turning into a, what you call cool kid" she explained, "although we aren't really cool kids, just popular, and it's not like some of us wants to be popular. It's hard." she muttered at the last part.

Then I finally realised, I am turning into a cool kid. Flashbacks of what I have done since I've started talking to Britney and Taylor rushed through my head. And it all clicked, I am turning into one.

How did I not realise this? Was I too caught up in being a cool kid. How did I, Summer Grace Frerri, turn into a cool kid?

---