2. Bullet

Melissa Lane:

July 9th, 2014; Wednesday

8:45am

"Good morning, babe." I heard Mark's raspy voice and I groaned.

Just when I was about to get some sleep.

"Morning." I muttered, wanting nothing but to sleep all day.

"Didn't get any sleep last night?" I could just hear the smirk in his voice but I was too tired to turn around.

"Get up, baby girl. You can sleep later." he leaned in to kiss me but I gathered up enough strength to turn my head.

"Morning breath." I said and he huffed.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but he just had to be sneaky and kiss me when I wasn't looking...literally. My eyes were closed. I didn't kiss back since my breath was disgusting but he obviously didn't like that considering he pinched my butt lightly. I gasped and he took the opportunity to stick his tongue in my mouth. I pulled away and slapped his arm playfully.

"Asshole." I insulted but he just laughed it off.

I got up and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my hair and put it in a bun. I brushed my teeth and bent down to wash my face. I straightened up and looked into the mirror to see the boy from my 'visions.'

I spun around with wide eyes to see no one there. I sighed and dried my face with a towel.

I opened the door and jumped when Mark stood in front of me with a smirk on his face.

"Fuck you." I huffed and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Aww, I'm sorry. Did I scare you?" he gushed and I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled and let me go, walking into the bathroom.

I shook my head and walked to the bed.

From: Unknown

I don't want him near you.

I took in a deep breath. Should I listen to this guy? His last text did sound threatening.

"Hey baby girl, who are you texting?" Mark questioned.

He's usually not nosey but I guess he saw my scared expression.

He grabbed my phone and his eyes widened.

"Who the fuck is this?" he spat.

"I-I," I paused trying to compose a sentence. "I don't know."

"What the fuck do you mean 'you don't know?' He has your fucking number!" he seethed and I flinched.

"Please, calm down! I seriously don't know who he is. He somehow got my number and is everywhere. I've tried changing my number so many times but he always comes back! I'm scared, Mark. I'm scared." I whispered the last part, staring at him with tears in my eyes.

I couldn't control them as they rolled down my cheeks. He sighed and engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm sorry for yelling, babe. Why haven't you gone to the police?" he inquired.

"I tried. I tried to show them the messages but somehow they were deleted and when I left, he texted me again saying that I should've known better." I explained remembering how terrified I was.

That was when I knew he meant business and knew what he was doing.

"I'm going to find this fucker and kill him for messing with my girl." Mark hissed angrily and I shivered at the tone in his voice.

"Please don't, he's-"

My phone buzzed next to us and I slowly picked it up.

From: Unknown

If I do recall, I'm the one with the gun. And your girl? She's mine and only mine, not yours.

Mark's face turned red as anger covered all his expressions.

"Mark, please. He's obviously watching us and has a gun. Just, please, calm down." I begged but it was almost as if he didn't hear a word I said.

He stormed out of the room and I followed, not wanting him to do something he would regret later.

"Hey asshole!" his voice came out raspy.

Usually I would melt at how sexy he sounded but now was not the time. I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me, placing my hand over his mouth to silence him.

"Are you fucking crazy?" I scolded. "If he has a gun, we're both dead. And you wanna know who's fault it would be? The asshole that doesn't know how to shut his mouth."

"Exactly. If he has a gun. He's probably just bluffing to scare us. If he had a gun he would've shot me alre-"

Glass breaking sounded and we both ducked down to dodge whatever just shot through my window.

When nothing was heard we stood up and I gasped when I saw a bullet.

"Well, shit." Mark mumbled