Nice Weather

Evelyn

"I'm not getting you, Ethan..."

He sighed, running a hand through his midnight black hair.

"Of course you don't. No one does, and I'm pretty sure you never will."

I looked down at the glossy tiles and instantly felt bad about everything. "I'm sorry..."

There was silence, eerie silence. I couldn't stand the amount of tension that reigned supreme between us.

I didn't know you..."

"Felt that way about you? Yeah, I realized it a bit too late I guess." He said.

I sighed.

"You...don't feel the same way, do you?" He asked, looking deep into both my eyes and soul.

I bit my lip.

What do I say? Do I really love him? Ugh....

"I, um...well-"

Suddenly the door burst open, and in came our music teacher, Mrs. Logan.

"Crap..." I heard Ethan say under his breath.

The lady stared at him and raised a brow. "And what, may I ask, are you doing in the ladies' bathroom?" She asked, her hands akimbo.

"I uh..."

"I will report you to the principal, you know that right?"

He visibly gulped. "Please, Miss, I'm sorry, but I can't leave just yet."

She straightened her glasses and said, "I'm giving you one minute to leave here."

He turned to me frantically.

"Evelyn, I need your answer," he said.

My heart was beating surprisingly fast, and I could barely breathe.

"Come on."

Um...

"Ev, I don't need any more detention..."

"Okay, fine I do! I have from the beginning, and I fought it until now. Ashton didn't mean as much to me as I thought he did...he wasn't as precious as you Ethan. I love you."

The smile I saw on his face was enough to brighten my soul in one glance.

"Thank you so much! I promise I'll catch up with you later." He said, scrambling out the door.

I turned to Mrs. Logan, who was staring angrily at me.

"Hehe, so...nice weather we're having?"