Chapter 1 - Let's Go on an Adventure!

Love wasn't something that had crossed your mind before

It was strange, odd, different, and every synonym relating to weird. Love was something you yourself had never really experienced. It hit you like a ton of bricks though, because no one can really be ready for love.

Your love began years ago, with a school-girl crush on a wizard, but it didn't blossom into something more until your first mission with him.

You stood there staring at the request board plastered on the wall in the Sabertooth guild, the top magic guild in the country once the famous Fairy Tail downgraded.

You've been a member of Sabertooth for almost a year now. You joined Sabertooth to become just as strong, if not stronger than the other members. You looked up to them as a kid and wanted to share in their glory. It was easier said than done, especially with a top shadow dragon slayer getting you distracted from your goal. He was the ton of bricks that smacked you in the face on your first day.

You met him the day you were admitted into Sabertooth.

Ever since then, it was safe to say you were head-over-heels. Everything about him seemed perfect — his dark, pitch-black hair, his crimson eyes, and the thing you loved the most was his hidden smile. You've only ever seen it once, but it was enough to engrave in your memory for all time.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" A small paw tapped your shoulder and a flying maroon cat came into view.

You break from your daze. Even with all that time staring at the request board, you haven't read a single flier tacked up there. "I'm fine, I was just wondering what job to go on." You looked back at the board, puzzled.

"What job were you thinking of taking?" Lector asked, deciding to look at the board with you. Lector was an exceed with maroon and pink fur, long pointed ears, and a blue, sleeveless button-up vest that was left open. He was pretty arrogant but was a great friend.

You shrug. "I'm not so sure yet." You look the board over and over but don't find anything good. This time you were actually reading the jobs but none of them stuck out to you.

"If you want, Lector and I can go on a job with you." You turn again and find Sting Eucliffe, the spiky-haired blonde with on crystal earring, walking up to the two of you with his usual sly smirk. Both him and Lector had egos the size of the guild.

Sting was a Third Generation Dragon Slayer, just like your silly crush. The only difference between them was that your crush was a Shadow Dragon Slayer, unlike Sting who was the Holy White (light, white, cracker-ass idk) Dragon Slayer. They were opposites in almost every way. Sting's eyes were dark blue and he had a scar right above his right eye. He wore a fur-trimmed vest with a crop top and baggy pants with boots. He wore his white guild mark on his left shoulder proudly.

"You don't have to do that, I was just going to choose an easy job with small cash," you lied.

You were desperate for cash, but you got injured on your last job and didn't want anyone to worry about it or give you crap for it.

You were beating this group of bandits and got cut on your stomach pretty bad. You almost checked into the hospital, but natural healing was how you fixed everything. You've never had a big enough injury to worry about. 

However, because of that annoying cut, you needed to take it easy and try a small job that didn't require much work. Like, finding someone's cat or picking up trash. Anything most of the wizards in the guild won't do.

"Aw come on! If we get a big job then we can get a ton of jewel!" He slides his muscular arm around you and searches for an intense job you three can share. 

You liked Sting, but only as a friend. Sometimes you would think of him as an older brother of sorts -- a mentor figure since he was one of the best wizards in the guild. "How about this one?" He rips the paper off its tac and hands it to you.

You grab a hold of it and begin reading it out loud. Sting leans closer to you to reading along to your words. "Stop a group of monsters on a small island. The reward is—TWO MILLION JEWEL!? How is a group of monsters worth two million jewels? It's not like they're a dark guild or something." Your right eye twitches in shock, trying to find a reasonable explanation as to why a quest was worth so much money.

Lector takes the paper from you and reads more. "It says here that the monsters have been wrecking the town every night in search for young women."

"So they're perverted monsters." You said, unimpressed.

"You wanna go?" Sting asks, taking the paper and waving it around in front of your face. "It'll be fun." He sings.

"Uh, well..." You think for a moment, weighing your options and figuring if anything bad happened, Sting would be there to help.

You let out a long groan and snatch the paper from him. "Alright, I give in. I'll go." You grin.

"Then let's go. No point standing here thinking about it." The three of you get ready to head out but before you can take one step out the door, Sting decides to add a few extra members to your little group without asking you first. "Hey Rogue, let's go on a job with (Y/N)!"

Your face suddenly flushes into a bright tomato.

Rogue looked up from the newspaper he was reading, only to stare back down at it. "Not interested." He said. You couldn't tell if that response was good or bad.

"Come on, (Y/N) is coming! Plus, the reward is two million jewel. It'll be easy money."

"Fro thinks so too!" Rogue's adorable cat companion cheered along to the idea. Frosch usually was more agreeable than Rogue.

Rogue takes a peek your way and for a moment your eyes meet. Your tomato face deepens and you turn away almost immediately, pulling your shirt collar up so you can hide your blushing face.

Rogue continued to stare, just a little more until he gives in to the offer. "Fine."