In all honesty Calum just wanted to be a good dad, he wanted Noah to believe that too, not that he had to prove himself to anyone else either but he wanted people to know that just because he was a single father it didn't mean he couldn't make it on his own. He was quite capable of raising his son.

Calum picked up Noah from the step, sitting him in his arms so Noah's back was against his chest, his legs flinging around over his dad's arms. Calum kissed his son's head before placing him down on the black sofa in front of the tv, "watch paw patrol for a little bit and then we can go find something to do okay?" Noah nodded in agreement, Calum brushed his fingers through Noah's hair before walking around the sofa to the desk where his laptop sat.

It didn't take long to finish the rest of the email all Calum had to do was rearrange his notes and fit them into an order of understanding before apologising for the miscommunication. Sighing he pushed down the lid of his laptop before walking away from the desk and down the hall to find shoes for himself and Noah.

Grabbing their coats, shoes and the backpack Calum makes his way back over to Noah who was waiting patiently for him. Calum gave Noah his shoes to put on while he put his on, turning to Noah Calum noticed he had put his shoes on the wrong feet, laughing a little he began to swap the shoes to the right feet, "almost there buddy," he says picking Noah up to put on the floor slipping on his coat, "one arm," he said, "and the other!" Calum spoke in an excited voice as his son stuck his arm down the coat sleeve.

Putting Noah's backpack on he took his hand picking up his keys on the way out of the house. He buckled Noah up in his car seat – these days with less struggle, closing the door he ran round to the drivers side and climbed into the car, plugging his aux into his phone he set it back in the handset pulling out of the drive.

"Wellow!" Noah yelped at his dad, Calum smiled skipping to the next song, which happened to be Noah and Calum's favourite song.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you," They both sang while Calum drove down the road.

Calum had played Noah Coldplay from the day he was born, neither of them ever grew tired of it. But Calum had also been a single father the day Noah was born. It hadn't taken very long for Noah's mom to up and leave at all, it almost seemed that she had no intention whatsoever to be apart of Noah's life. It hurt Calum but not in the way that everyone thought it did, it mainly hurt on Noah's behalf – that he didn't have a mom.

Pulling into town Calum searched for a parking spot on the side of the road. Finally finding one he pulled into it. He climbed out of the car shoving his phone into his coat pocket and unbuckled Noah from his seat in the back, "let's go get ice cream," Calum said while putting his son on his shoulders

"Yay," Noah giggled holding onto Calum's cheeks as they walked away from the car. Calum held onto Noah's small legs as the made their way to the ice cream shop. It was freezing outside but Calum had to give the kid what he knew he wanted.

Calum took Noah off of his shoulders and placed him on the floor before they entered the ice cream shop. Taking his hand he let Noah enter first but in his little burst of excitement Noah let go and ran straight to the freezers his eyes lighting up at the sight of all the different flavors.

They got their usuals, Noah's cookies n' cream with chocolate sauce and Calum's boring strawberry and chocolate – that's what Uncle Michael called it anyway.

The both of them sat next to each other on the booth by the window, Noah's legs wiggling about in happiness as he hummed with ice cream in his mouth. This is how Calum liked to see him, happy and the only thing he had to care about was the cold yummy substance that was in the little pot in front of him.