12

"Surely you must be going crazy. If a man kidnapped you, why would you want to spend more time with him?"

"He did not kidnap me. He asked if I wanted to come to his house and I agreed and stayed with him for the night. I didnt drive so I needed you to pick me up."

"Then why did you have to run out of his house?"

"Its complicated."

"You can tell me."

Anthony sighed as Chester cuddled closer into his chest. "He's my soulmate. We're linked forever. He needed me with him, but I had to head to work, and I didnt want him to come but he did and a part of me is glad he did but I still dont know what I'm doing with my life when it comes to him. I just dont."

"Soulmate huh? Neve thought I see the day where you would want to be with someone else who wasn't a one night stand."

"Like I said its compliacaed and different when it comes to him. I may not love him et but I know I one day will. Hes my mate."

"You sound like youre in a werewolf novel," Chester laughed.

"You have no idea. Now go to bed. I'm tired."

$$$$$

"Who are you?" April asked as she entered the door. 

"I'm Hunter, Anthony's boyfriend."

"Yeah, right. he would have told me if he was dating your hot ass. Especially after th way you were staring at him in my diner."

"Look, I really need to talk to him. Is he here?"

"He and Chester are still sleeping. Poor guy had nightmares all night long," April frowned.

Hunter panicked and pushed Past April into the house. She called after him but he ignored her. He followed Anthony's scent to the bedroom and opened the doro. He expected to find his baby cuddled up into another man's chest, not the other way around.

"What the hell?" he asked.

Anthony opened his eyes and freaked when he saw Hunter in the doorway. "Its not what you think. Chester gets nightmares, so he sleeps with me so they go away cause he trusts me the most. He can sleep with the others too, but I dont want to inconvience them, so I have him sleep with me."

"Man, you really are the one who looks out for everyone aren't you?" Hunter asked.

Anthony nodded. He crawled out of bed, and Hunter growled when he saw his mate was naked. "Oh, calm your tits. We dont do anything. Its hot in here so I sleep naked. So what?"

"You'e my mate, remember?"

"And you're mine. Why cant you trust me not to do antyhgn like that with someone who isb't you? We have our whole lives to be together. I'm stuck with you."

"it makes me sad when you say that," Hunter frowned. 

"Why? its' true. Youre stuck with me too."

"You make it sound like its a bad thing. Im honored to have youas my mate and I want you to feel the same way when you loom at me. I dont want you to thik youre stuck with me or that you can't do anything fun because youre with me. We're going to have a lot of fun together for the rest of our lives. Shouldn't we be excited by that instead of dreading it?" Hunter asked.

"No, youre right," Anthony said. "I'm sorry. This is still new to me and it came as a surprise. I always thought that if I found my mate it would be after I had already fallen in love with them and that when they told me it would be this grand romantic gesture or something, but instead I find out after we had sex and I asked you to mark me becaue I wanted to feel like I found my mate and not just because I wanted a hickey. Maybe that's why I wanted you to mrk me. I never felt a conncetion before and maybe I just felt it with you in that moment like a part of me knew what I was getting into but I was so lusted out that I didnt fully register it. You know?"

"Sure," Hunter said even though he was slightly confused. "But I do understand that it came as a surprise, and I'm sorry about that. Are you upset to have me as a mate?"

"No, I just dont know you that well. It was surprise. I didnt think it would e with someone I just had sex with and would call himself...you know what," he whispered. "It's embarrassing."

"Oh, I'm not trying to embrass you," Hunter said as he ruffled his babies hair. "I want you to feel loved and safe with me."

"Maybe it just feels like too much right now or something. Maybe I need to ease into a little more. I sleep here, you sleep at hime. We'll meet up and have dates or hang out or something, but I'm not memtally prepared for a commintment just yet. I know you wee placed in my way becaue now I need to be in one or something, but I just need to take it slow, alright? Set some boundaries between us. I'm only human."

"I know baby. I'll gie you some space. WHat if we go out for brunch tomorrow. You know, give you the day to be alone and have some alone time."

"I'd like that. Thank you."

"I will." He leaned down and whispered in his ear. "You just need to give daddy a kiss goodbye first."

Anthony pulled away and grabbed his cheeks to kiss him on the lips. "I'll see you tomorrow."