Chapter 9 : The blood quirk

Shouto's P.O.V

"You know something, Todoroki kun, during our fight in UA, I broke all my fingers one by one, my arm and my leg, I kept fighting with all of my broken fingers and my broken arm, it was painful but I kept going anyway, no matter how annoying the pain can be, no matter how much pain you feel, as long as you have a purpose you will get through it, I'm sure of it " Midoria said with an encouraging voice.

I couldn't prevent myself from smiling from ear to ear after hearing his words, he was my best friend after all, he knew me and I liked that cause having someone to comfort you is really important especially during times of crisis.

"I can do it if you guys are with me" I said to both of them " be by my side during the surgery, please "

"Anything for you buddy" Midoria said .

"It's the least I can do " (y/n) said.

" Thank you" I thanked them, Midoria left after an hour or so.

" I should get going now" (y/n) said " visiting hours are almost over"

" Where would you?" I asked her, I knew she had nowhere to stay, as of course her house had turned into a crime scene, besides she can't live there any longer.

"I don't know" she said with a sigh " I want to sell the house but it's going to take a year at least to sell it, after selling it I will use the money to make a cafe, a cafe with all kind of books, a cafe where people go to read"

That idea it was something but it won't happen before a year, she needed a place to stay, and in my state I needed someone to take care of me as well so I made her an offer.

"Then stay with me" I said not able to see her facial expressions "stay with me while I'm admitted here in the hospital, you can take care of me as well, and when I get out of here, stay at my home it's very large, you will have your own room and everything"

"Why? Why are you so kind to me, after all that happened" she asked and I somehow didn't have an answer to that question, Was I supposed to hate her? I didn't think so, She saved me after all.

" Don't ask me a question that I can't answer" I answered honestly "I really don't have an answer"

" I don't have any other choice but to accept your offer" she said finally "I will always be in your debit"

Time skip to half an hour before the surgery.

Midoria is here, so is (y/n)

Two nurses prepared me for the surgery, the removed the bandages covering my torso and the managed to seat me at a chair with holes in it's back, they allowed Midoria and (y/n) to stay in the surgery room because this surgery is one of akind .

The doctor came wearing the surgery cloths and gloves.

"Are you ready?" He asked me with concern.

" Yes, I'm ready" I tried to sound confident but failed as there was some worry visible in my voice.

"We're here for you buddy" Midoria encouraged.

" Lets do this doctor " I said.

The doctor sat in a chair behind my own and a nurse put a piece of cloth into my mouth so I can bite on it during the pain, I felt him cut a small cut in my back I guessed it's the way in which he was going to get to the injured part of my back bone.

1 2 3 the pain begins, I bite hard on the cloth, trying not to scream.